Chapter 319

Gray has always known that her birth served as nothing more than a ceremonial tool for her clan's ambitious quest to resurrect the King of Knights.

In a Welsh village, a clan associated with the witch Morgan Le Fay has been meticulously planning the age-old ritual to bring back the King of Knights.

This intricate ritual demands the merging of the King's body, mind, and soul into one cohesive entity. Therefore, the clan creates descendants who bear a striking resemblance to the King, with the intention of using them as substitutes for her physical form. Through this means, they hope to summon the King's spirit and soul from the distant throne and manifest it within these chosen vessels, thus achieving the long-awaited resurrection of the King in the present world.

Unfortunately, despite spanning thousands of years, this ambitious ritual has been plagued by one failure after another, leaving the clan with a string of disappointments.

At first, Gray held the belief that she, too, was destined to be another failed attempt, destined to lead a tranquil and unremarkable life, much like those who came before her. However, something extraordinary happened nine years ago when her muscles and bones began a sudden and remarkable transformation.

Over time, not only did her facial features undergo a profound change, but her entire body gradually morphed into an uncanny replica of the legendary King of Knights from the distant past.

Ever since that transformation took place, the villagers began to worship and idolize Gray as the divine child. Yet, deep down, Gray understood that their reverence was directed not towards her, but towards the hero whose appearance she now possessed.

Because of this, Gray grew scared and hesitant to look in the mirror. It wasn't that she disliked her face; it was more that every time she caught a glimpse of her altered reflection, she couldn't shake the unsettling feeling that the hero's soul would somehow take over her body, making her completely disappear.

The fear that gripped her was intense.

However, this was London, not some Welsh village, and at least her daily life here remained relatively normal and calm. No one knew about her ancestry, and there was no reason for anyone to connect her with that King of Knights.

It brought her a great sense of relief.

Gray didn't have many hobbies, but reading detective novels was definitely one of her favorites. When she came to London and became friends with Reines, she discovered a new hobby: indulging in desserts. It turned out she had quite the sweet tooth! Luckily, her appetite wasn't huge, so it didn't put a strain on her wallet.

In her spare time, she found joy in taking care of her collection of small shoes. It became a kind of personal project for her. She even decided to take on a part-time job to fund her newfound passion and invested in a shiny new shoe polishing tool.

To her, the quality of the tool wasn't the most crucial factor for her shoes, but rather the overall experience. She believed that using the tool with the right mood would make a difference.

London was a far cry from the quiet simplicity of Gray's village days. The city bustled with its complexities, filled with countless things that the country girl struggled to comprehend. Yet, there was a silver lining in her new life here: no one knew about her origins, and nobody treated her as a vessel for the King of Knights. In this vast metropolis, she was just Gray—a girl with her own identity.

No longer confined to being a vessel for someone else's resurrection, Gray now had the opportunity to truly live as herself. It was a liberating feeling, even though the chaos of London still made her uneasy. Nevertheless, a sigh of relief escaped her lips, as she found peace in her heart.