Chapter 284

Merlin's days of deceiving people without any restraints were over.

Before him, a vast plain unfolded, adorned with an array of vibrant flowers bursting with life.

The view stretched far and wide, only interrupted by the distant forest. Even if one turned around and gazed at the entire expanse of the sky, all they would see was the evenly distributed blue canvas spanning the horizon.

No man-made structures such as fences, houses, city walls, or castles could be found here.

Kingdoms and nations were non-existent.

In the daytime, the air was filled with the warmth of spring and the vibrant ambiance of summer.

As night fell, a cool autumn breeze enveloped the island, accompanied by a sparkling winter sky full of stars.

The ground was adorned with blooming flowers and buzzing insects, while the forest teemed with lush greenery, flowing streams, and wild beasts. Near the water source, one can catch glimpses of fairies with ethereal beauty.

The paradises envisioned by humans were nothing but mere imitations of this mystical land.

This place was a deserted island, forever forbidden and untouched.

In myths and legends, it was hailed as the land of eternal spring, a miniature world.

Its name was Avalon, the legendary utopia.

It existed as a world untouched by the repetitive cycles of decline and destruction that plagued the planet's surface.

Though it coexisted with human history, it remained an entirely separate realm, devoid of any connection.

Within the garden, a humanoid figure could be seen. Cloaked in a robe woven from the finest fibers, its appearance was unassuming yet elegant.

The man was strolling through the sea of blossoms. His demeanor conveyed a sense of tranquility and assurance as he hummed a tune, careful not to harm the blooming flowers that blanketed the earth.

Without a doubt, the man was none other than Merlin, the advisor to the Eternal King, who willingly ventured into this mystical land.

Right from the beginning, Merlin possessed values that transcended human and non-human boundaries. He was a being who remained neutral, not swaying toward either side.

His engagements in the human realm were always an emulation of various personas, and he sustained himself by absorbing the emotions woven within human dreams.

Although there might be traces of human lineage in his blood, he never regarded himself as one of them.

That is, until he encountered the king.

The king, overflowing with passion, radiance, and a mesmerizing brilliance.

Despite the king's own existence being even more abnormal, he firmly identified himself as a human, radiating the brilliance of humanity.

Undoubtedly, those intense emotions captured his attention. He attempted to replicate the very essence of the king's personality.

Yet, he could only perceive it as an imitation. Within the core of the king's character lay something inherently unattainable through mere mimicry.

In the end, similar to the girl named Artoria, he discovered that his imitation fell short of true authenticity.

Perhaps the king's words ring true. Whether it pertains to humans, fairies, or phantasmal beings, every form of life is distinct and unique. There's no need to imitate others; one must simply embrace one's own true self.