Chapter 203

Guinevere was escorted to Cornwall by Gawain and Lancelot.

The king commanded Gawain and Lancelot to lay siege to Cameliard and capture a troublemaker who was causing problems behind the scenes. Although the king instructed them to bring the person back unscathed, his description of them as a troublemaker suggested that they might hinder the king's plans. As knights, Gawain and Lancelot couldn't help but see the elimination of obstacles as their duty to the king.

Despite the king's instruction not to harm the troublemaker, Gawain and Lancelot likely had an unfavorable attitude towards them. In fact, they had already decided to treat the troublemaker coldly and maliciously once they captured them.

However, upon seeing Guinevere's face, they hesitated to act recklessly. She bore a striking resemblance to the king, almost like a replica of him. How could they dare to be rude to her?

After Lancelot and Gawain escorted Guinevere to the palace in Cornwall, they reported to Shirou.

As he set aside the paperwork in his hand, Shirou gazed up at the trembling Guinevere, and his expression froze when he saw her familiar appearance.

Guinevere too froze at the sight of Shirou's face. Her legs shook even more violently and her face turned pale. Fear and horror welled up in her eyes, almost overflowing.

Shirou's frown deepened and he dismissed the people in the palace. The group bowed respectfully to him and then departed.

As they walked out of the palace, Gawain let out a sigh and turned to Lancelot. "I never expected to encounter someone who looks so much like the king. And not only that, she's a noble princess as well. The king is as steadfast as a rock, but that princess seems as gentle as a white rabbit."

"Oh, by the way, Lancelot, what do you think the king will do?"

Gawain looked at Lancelot, but found that he was lost in thought.

"Lancelot?" Gawain called again.

"Ah? Lord Gawain... I'm sorry, I was lost in thought," Lancelot said apologetically.

Gawain laughed and said, "I know the princess is charming, but you shouldn't lose your composure like that. The king won't do anything to her. And even if you're interested, you can pursue her later."

Lancelot shook his head and replied, "No, it's not that. It's just that...the princess reminds me a bit of my foster mother."

"What?" Gawain was stunned.

Lancelot remained silent, lost in thought as memories of his fairy mother flooded his mind. She had taken him in as a child and, like the princess, she always seemed to be fearful and afraid.

Yet Lancelot had never understood what his foster mother was afraid of or why she was so anxious all the time. In the end, she had helped him find his father and had given him a holy sword as a parting gift before disappearing from his life.

Upon seeing her and sensing her familiar aura, Lancelot was instantly reminded of his fairy mother. Memories of her flooded his mind, leaving him unable to think of anything else in that moment.

...

Inside the palace.

Shirou regarded Guinevere with interest and spoke, "You must be Guinevere, daughter of King Leodegrance, correct?"

Guinevere trembled and looked terrified as she stammered out, "Y-yes, my king."

"Oh?" he raised an eyebrow. "Why do you call me 'my king'? I'm not your king."

Guinevere replied, her voice trembling, "Y-you are the British Red Dragon, the destined king who is meant to unify all of Britain. That's why I call you my king."