Chapter 264

"We have already encircled Ravenna, and we anticipate the city's surrender within a few days, without the need for any confrontation!"

"Absolutely! This success is a direct result of King Arthur's astute leadership."

"Indeed, his wisdom has played a pivotal role."

The army has swiftly reached the outskirts of the city, forming a tight perimeter around Ravenna.

The neighboring kings, who hold strategic positions in relation to the Camelot, are lavishing praise upon King Arthur. Some have even covertly reached out to him, expressing their eagerness to collaborate with Camelot in both defensive and offensive maneuvers.

A nation's lack of diplomacy renders it weak, as the strength of a king is intrinsically tied to the overall power of the nation. The formidable 100,000-strong army of Camelot has struck fear into the hearts of these kings.

With the exception of rulers like Attila, who thrive on chaos and annihilation, most kings have displayed a profound respect for Camelot.

Leading the crowd, Shirou strolled deliberately towards the front line, his eyes fixed upon Ravenna's formidable walls looming in the distance.

The ghouls that once plagued the outskirts of the city have been largely exterminated, while all communication channels have been severed, rendering the city an isolated bastion amidst the desolation.

Currently, numerous factions have begun contemplating the division of war spoils. Their foremost concern is to retain the territories they have already conquered, and quite a few are even coveting lands belonging to others.

However, these factions dare not entertain any crooked thoughts about the lands that Camelot has set its sights on.

This army struck terror into the hearts of all who encountered them, particularly the royal's army of three thousand soldiers under Shirou's command. They represented the epitome of excellence, having survived the grueling initial battle in Cornwall.

Every single soldier was equipped with formidable weapons like Gae Bolg, Holy Swords, and possessed innate skills. Their mastery of combat techniques had been honed through years of warfare, making them capable of commanding entire kingdoms as esteemed generals. The fact that there were three thousand individuals of such exceptional caliber, armed and united, ready for battle, was nothing short of awe-inspiring.

In the presence of these extraordinary heroes, it was impossible not to be overwhelmed by a mix of fear and admiration.

Ravenna stood as a mere flickering firework, destined to fade away before long. The emperors who once laid the foundations of the mighty Roman Empire could hardly have foreseen such a bleak future for their descendants.

The ebb and flow of dynasties, the perpetual march of progress—everything is in constant motion and subject to change. Only the fittest survive, while the unfit meet their demise.

In this ever-shifting reality, the true essence of kingship lies in remaining steadfast and adaptable. Embracing the winds of change and navigating the currents of transformation is the path that befits a true ruler.

The army resembled a relentless swarm of ants, encircling the isolated city in a vast sea of people. Despite this overwhelming force, the fortress's formidable walls stood as a formidable obstacle, impervious to easy conquest.

Shirou calmly awaited any updates from Altrouge. However, even before receiving any word from her, his attention was captured by two figures standing atop the city walls.

"Who are they?" one of the soldiers asked.

Arcueid couldn't suppress a shiver that ran through her body involuntarily.