Chapter 310

As the clock approached 8 o'clock in the evening, the group concluded their meal, and Shirou made preparations to bid his farewell.

"Um... um... hold on... just a moment, Fujimaru-sama," Gray suddenly raised her head, her voice filled with timidity as she called out to him.

Curious, he asked, "What's on your mind, young lady?"

Trembling slightly, Gray mustered her courage and hesitantly continued, "Um... it's just... earlier, you mentioned something about the Tower of Light..."

Before she could finish her sentence, he interjected, a hint of amusement in his voice, "Ah, that. It seems there's been a misunderstanding. I never said anything about that."

"Huh? Is... is that so?" Gray fought back the urge to bolt away.

"Yes," He nodded and his gaze landed on Gray's stunning face. "Make sure you cherish your friend and don't let anyone snatch it away."

"Okay...?" Gray nodded hesitantly, then pulled her hood down.

Shirou glanced at Waver. "Well, I guess I'll be on my way, Waver,"

Waver nodded.

Reines flashed a smile and asked, "Do you want me to accompany you, Fujimaru-sama?"

She was merely being polite, yet to her astonishment, he nodded and replied, "That would be great, thank you."

Reines: "..."

Does this person have any noble upbringing at all?

Eventually, Reines and Shirou walked back to the hotel in silence.

During the journey, Reines glanced at him and asked, "Fujimaru-sama, can I ask you something? I..."

"You can't," He refused without hesitation.

Reines: "????"

Shouldn't the response have been "yes" in this situation?

I mean, whether they were being distant or indifferent, it would have been more appropriate to answer with a simple "yes," wouldn't it?

Who refuses so directly like that?

And without hesitation!

It's so infuriating!

"Please pull over here," he abruptly requested.

The driver complied, bringing the car to a halt, and Shirou stepped out, making his way into a nearby jewelry store. Inside, he purchased a pendant adorned with a hexagram design before heading back to the car.

Reines caught a glimpse of the hexagram pendant in Shirou's hand and let out a soft chuckle. "I never imagined Fujimaru-sama would have an interest in these little trinkets. It may appear mysterious, but in truth, it's just a beautifully crafted piece without any true mystique."

"I won't be able to sleep tonight if I don't get something and bring it back."

She was caught off guard and asked, "Why is that?"

"Have you ever looked after young children, Miss Reines?"

"No, I haven't."

"Then there's no point in discussing it. If someone mentions something you haven't personally experienced, it's hard to truly understand its significance," He explained before closing his eyes.

Reines wore a puzzled expression. How did it end up with him asking her questions instead of the other way around?

As they reached the hotel and stepped out of the car, he turned to face Reines and expressed his gratitude, saying, "Miss Reines, I want to commend you for acting as my shield today. And I must say, you did an excellent job."