Chapter 266

Zelretch possessed a second magic in the domain of Operation of Parallel Worlds. This extraordinary ability allowed him to navigate through multiple parallel worlds while retaining his own identity. It was no wonder that he earned the moniker of the "Kaleidoscope" magician. With this power at his disposal, Zelretch could catch fleeting glimpses of the hidden truths scattered across countless parallel dimensions.

Armed with his Jeweled Sword, Zelretch boldly confronted Crimson Moon in the expansive sky above. Although referred to as a sword, the Jeweled Sword was, in fact, a remarkable Mystic Code that stood at the pinnacle of its kind. Its primary function revolved around the second magic, serving as a conduit to harness vast reserves of magical energy from infinite parallel worlds. Through this immense wellspring of power, Zelretch could unleash devastating attacks upon his enemies.

The reason behind the Mystic Code assuming the shape of a short sword remains shrouded in mystery. It could either be attributed to Zelretch's personal interest or, perhaps, as a deliberate attempt to vex and annoy Merlin.

In a dramatic spectacle, meteorites descended from above, an unrelenting torrent of magical energy cascading towards the earth. The sky itself transformed into a battlefield reminiscent of ancient mythologies, where gods clashed with titanic beings.

Crimson Moon, with his formidable powers, materialized countless meteorites, each brimming with immense destructive potential. However, undeterred, Zelretch brandished the Jeweled Sword, tapping into the boundless resources of magical energy sourced from parallel worlds. With unparalleled mastery, he transmuted these energies into a seemingly infinite array of Ether Cannons, launching a relentless barrage upon the encroaching celestial projectiles.

Zelretch, wielding his access to vast reserves of power from parallel worlds, possessed an overwhelming advantage in terms of sheer firepower. It was evident that he could overpower Crimson Moon with relative ease. However, in his relentless pursuit of his enemy, he displayed a callous disregard for human lives. The casualties left in the wake of his counterattack were of no concern to him.

As the meteorites shattered under Zelretch's onslaught, their fragmented remnants rained down upon the earth, bringing devastation and turning countless unfortunate individuals into gruesome casualties. It was a macabre sight as the remnants of shattered meteorites claimed numerous lives, reducing them to mere mincemeat.

Among the chaos, a twist of fate saw a huge number of these fragments hurtling towards Shirou. Left with no other choice, he activated the Tower of Light, invoking its mystical powers to counter the imminent threat. He channeled the tower's energy, reducing the incoming meteorite fragments to nothing more than dust.

Within the realms of higher dimensions, this conflict transcended the boundaries of conventional warfare. In this extraordinary battle, the presence of normal human armies was rendered insignificant, their might futile against the cataclysmic force that Crimson Moon had become. Like an unstoppable natural disaster, he towered over all, leaving little hope in his wake.

Recognizing the futility of engaging in direct confrontation, Shirou swiftly issued orders for the army to retreat. The preservation of their nation's power became paramount in the face of this overwhelming threat.

In that critical moment, Altrouge, serving as an invaluable inside contact, successfully established communication with Shirou amidst the chaos.

"I have opened the eastern city gate. Hurry and come in," Altrouge urgently conveyed.

However, Shirou's response was unexpected, "It is no longer necessary. I have a new mission for you."

"W-What... What mission?"