Chapter 322

"Eter... Eter... Eternal King... Impossible... Impossible...!"

Altrouge gazed at Shirou's face, fixating on his fiery eyes, and her whole body shook uncontrollably. Fear was etched across her features, replacing the elegance and pride she once possessed.

Her eyes, once radiant and full of life, now seemed dull and lifeless, as if she were a marionette manipulated by unseen forces. With a quivering finger, she pointed at Shirou's face, her legs betraying her as she unconsciously took a step backward.

The onlookers exchanged glances, their disbelief evident in their expressions as they struggled to comprehend what was happening.

Altrouge and the White Wing Lord, both notorious for their reigns of terror, were figures who struck fear into the hearts of everyone. However, Altrouge stood out the most. Even her subordinate was a formidable presence. Known as the 13th Dead Apostle Ancestor, Zepia Eltnam Oberon was a brilliant alchemist from the Atlas Institute. His reputation alone was enough to instill terror in anyone who crossed paths with him.

He had once harnessed the fear instilled by the tyrant Dracula III among the people of Wallachia, leading to the merciless slaughter of the entire city's population in a single night, transforming them into vampires.

This horrifying act alone was chilling enough, and it was merely the handiwork of one of Altrouge's subordinates. It left one pondering the sheer magnitude of terror Altrouge herself must possess.

However, at this very moment, this formidable Ancestor finds herself overwhelmed by fear, trembling uncontrollably.

What's more, she just mentioned an important name—

The Eternal King!

Confusion rippled through the crowd as bewildered glances were exchanged. Even the least informed among them couldn't possibly be ignorant of this king, just as magi couldn't be unaware of the legendary King Solomon.

The Eternal King was universally revered as the All-Knowing, All-Powerful ruler, the one who truly put an end to the Age of Gods and elevated humanity to its current state. The significance of his existence was undeniable, a fact known to all.

But what did any of this have to do with Altrouge's current reaction? And why was she pointing at that young man and referring to him as the Eternal King?

Had she perhaps lost her sanity after living for so long?

In addition, it's worth noting that the notion of the Eternal King, who lived more than 1,500 years ago, still being alive was utterly implausible.

Even if, by some extraordinary circumstance, he were indeed alive...

The idea that the Eternal King could be a person of East Asian descent?

It's simply beyond the realm of possibility, not even remotely plausible, not even as a mere joke!

Luvia gazed intently at the young man before her, a sense of familiarity washing over her. His tough and resolute countenance seemed to overlap with memories of a gentle boy.

Shaking her head, she pushed these distracting thoughts aside. The current situation was in complete disarray, and she couldn't allow herself to get lost in her thoughts.

It was then that she noticed a subtle twitch on the face of the authoritative old man standing beside her, Orlocke Caesarmund.

Furrowing her brows, she asked, "Old man, have you discovered something?"

Caesarmund's expression turned grave as he responded, "I've had a sudden realization regarding the origins of modern Dead Apostles."

"What did you realize?" she asked, her curiosity getting the better of her.