Chapter 258

It had been over seven years since Shirou had ascended to the throne, including the year he spent in the Ector estate and the three months of travel. The young child who had been just over seven years old at the time had grown into a handsome and dignified young man of fifteen.

Despite his youthful appearance, Shirou's calm and composed demeanor made it difficult for others to perceive him as anything other than a serious and responsible King.

Over the course of these seven years, the trio from the Ector estate had all undergone their own unique transformations.

Kay, once known for his sharp tongue, had become a calm and collected knight. He exuded a solemn and steady presence, but when confronted by Merlin, he would still draw his sword and chase after him in a fit of rage.

Artoria had also grown in height and stature, now standing at about 1.7 meters tall. Despite her youthful appearance, she had the regal bearing of a lion king. However, due to obtaining her sheath, her body had stopped growing. Though still somewhat stern and serious in her countenance, she had matured significantly since her time at the Ector estate. At times, she even displayed a gentle and serene smile.

Undoubtedly, the one who had undergone the most significant transformation was Shirou.

As the saying goes, "suffering is the best whetstone." When compared to himself seven years ago, Shirou was now a completely different person. The contrast was so stark that anyone who had known him back then would hardly believe that the boy from seven years ago was the same person as the poised and confident young man standing before them today. This was especially true when compared to his unrefined self during the Fourth Holy Grail War.

Shirou was preparing for what would be his final battle as the King of Men - a war against the Crimson Moon.

Having assembled all the necessary resources, he had spent the last three years restoring his kingdom's strength. He had even managed to raise a massive army of up to one hundred thousand soldiers.

He was well aware of the adage that "to prepare for war, one must first feed the army." Thus, he had taken great care to ensure that his soldiers were well-fed and properly equipped for the impending conflict.

Two years prior, Shirou had been stockpiling army rations in Gaul while also using the Holy Lance Rhongomyniad to adjust the True Ether in the air. This was all in preparation for the upcoming European war.

Shirou understood that without True Ether, the Britons would not be able to survive upon landing. That's why he had taken the initiative to make preparations well in advance.

With the necessary preparations now almost complete, Shirou's final task was to assemble his army. Once he had done so, he would lead them into battle. Together with other allied forces, they would lay siege to the Western Roman Empire and the Crimson Moon.

It seemed that Zelretch, who had been observing parallel worlds without ever revealing himself, had finally taken notice of the impending war. He emerged from the gaps between parallel worlds to meet with Shirou.

"I've always wanted to meet you, King Arthur," Zelretch said. "Of all the parallel worlds I've observed, you're the only one who has managed to unify not only Britain, but also Ireland and Gaul, creating a powerful and prosperous dynasty. But more importantly, you're the only one who has attempted to persuade the planet to confront Crimson Moon and eliminate this grave threat to humanity once and for all."

"I wouldn't say we've completely succeeded," Shirou replied. "There's still a spider in South America, and we also have invaders on the moon."

"Oh? So you're aware of that too?" Zelretch grinned.