Chapter 288

"Ugh..."

Waking up felt incredibly unpleasant.

It had become a routine. Despite having a pleasant dream, Shirou, a constantly lethargic and sleepy student, found himself forcefully yanked and dragged by his younger sister—an experience that left anyone feeling uncomfortable.

Especially for someone like Fujimaru Shirou, who adored sleeping in and had a knack for indulging in laziness.

"Brother, brother! Wake up! Wake up!"

With his eyes still shut, Shirou furrowed his brow, hoping to drift back to sleep. However, his little sister grew even more persistent.

Not only did she tug at his hair, but she also hopped onto his stomach, trampling it as if performing a samba dance. Except for a few individuals with peculiar preferences, most people would find this highly unpleasant, don't you think?

Rubbing his drowsy eyes, he squinted and peered through his fingers at his sister, who was energetically hopping around on his stomach.

"Ritsuka..." Shirou called out.

"Huh? Brother, you're awake?"

Only then did five-year-old Fujimaru Ritsuka realize that Shirou had finally stirred from his slumber. She stood on Shirou's stomach, her feet clad in white socks, and turned to face him.

Bouncing up and down as if she were on a trampoline, her brown elementary school uniform fluttered with each leap.

Her orange hair, styled in a ponytail, swayed from side to side, and her bright orange eyes locked onto Shirou's gaze.

Despite trampling on someone so early in the morning, Ritsuka's face bore no hint of guilt, there's no "Oops, my bad!" or "Oops... I've been caught!"

"Is stepping on brother's stomach fun?"

"Brother's stomach is so hard, it's especially fun." she showed a joyful smile.

Maintaining a calm expression, he extended his palm and firmly grasped the back of Ritsuka's shirt, hoisting her up before sitting upright and settling her on his lap. His palm applied gentle pressure, resembling a mountain.

"Eh, brother, what are you going to do?"

Shirou raised his other hand, taking aim at her buttocks, and delivered a nasty slap.

"Smack!"

"Wah!"

In the Fujimaru household, the morning routines were often accompanied by the wails of the youngest child.

...

Monday, April 21, 2003.

The delightful weekend holiday, allowing for blissful hours of uninterrupted sleep, had come to an end yesterday. Today marked the return to school.

After getting ready, he stepped into the hallway.

Sakura, wearing a white apron, had already prepared breakfast: sandwiches and fresh milk.

There were no traces of their parents within the house.

The reason being that the couple had went overseas to commemorate their wedding anniversary, entrusting both the household and the family business to their eldest son.

"Here you go, brother. These are for you." Sakura set a plate of sandwiches and fresh milk down on Shirou's table.

She had on the Homurahara middle school uniform, with a white apron draped over it, highlighting her attractive figure. Her lovely face radiated a gentle and refined expression, giving off a sense of being nurturing and caring, like a devoted wife or mother.