Chapter 301

"Fujimaru Shirou... Is he someone Uncle knows back in Fuyuki City? But he doesn't strike me as a magus; he looks like an ordinary guy."

Seated comfortably in the back of a sleek, black extended Rolls-Royce Ghost, Reines El-Melloi Archisorte peered through the window at the young man standing at the intersection.

With his shoulder-length black hair and donning a black coat over a white shirt, he exuded a polished and professional aura.

Yet, there was nothing particularly remarkable about him. Reines couldn't sense any hint of magical energy radiating from him even with Mystic Eyes.

"Basically, he's just a regular guy with no real use to us. Isn't that how it is, Gray?" Reines turned her head and directed her gaze at the girl sitting across from her.

Dressed in a black cloak and matching boots, the girl, with her delicate features and silver hair, appeared somewhat timid, radiating an air of inferiority.

Faced with Reines' question, Gray quickly waved her hand nervously and stammered, "Uh... um, Miss Reines, well... I... um..."

She found herself caught in a dilemma. On one hand, she couldn't fully agree with Reines' words as they didn't sit right with her. On the other hand, disagreeing might risk incurring Miss Reines' anger.

"Oh my goodness, look at Gray. She seems really troubled," Reines chuckled with amusement. "But you know what? I actually find your troubled expression quite endearing."

"Hehehe, Gray, Miss Reines is teasing you like a little mouse. Gray, the little mouse. Hahaha!" A peculiar cubic box sat in a cage beside Gray, carved with eyes and a mouth, taunting her with a mocking laughter.

Gray kept her head down, too scared to make eye contact with Reines or say anything. She inwardly grumbled, wondering why Add had to make fun of her at a moment like this!

She seemed restrained and cautious, carrying a strong sense of inferiority. And that box, she called it "Add," was a Mystic Code that took on a humanoid head shape and could converse with her. But let's not focus too much on the cube's personality—it could simply be described in four words: absolutely awful.

Its mouth was particularly venomous, constantly making snide remarks to anyone it encountered, often leaving Gray feeling incredibly embarrassed and compelled to apologize on her behalf.

Reines smiled, refraining from teasing the reserved girl any further. Instead, she turned her gaze towards the boy standing at the street. Her eyes narrowed slightly, resembling a cunning and sly fox.

In her eyes, that boy was simply an ordinary and unremarkable person.

But a magus's friend can only be another magus, especially her uncle, who was known as a "prodigy" and had quite the ego.

Her uncle asked her to pick up a boy named "Fujimaru Shirou" and made it clear that she should treat him with respect.

The fact that her proud uncle entrusted her with taking care of this boy suggested that he had some extraordinary qualities.

However, she couldn't see anything special about him, not even with her Mystic Eyes. Although her eyes were still developing and uncontrollable, they failed to detect anything exceptional about him.

"If there's something worth using, then let's put it to good use." she squinted her eyes and stepped out of the car.

...

"Hello, may I ask if you are Fujimaru Shirou?"

Shirou looked at the smiling Reines and nodded, "Yes, that's me, Miss Reines."