Chapter 360

The night settled over the land, casting it in darkness, while a full moon proudly illuminated the sky. A stillness hung in the air, wrapping everything in silence.

In the heart of Cornwall, right before the faceless statue of the Eternal King, a cloaked girl delicately brushed her fingers against the faceless King.

Altrouge, accompanied by Rizo-Waal Strout and Fina-blood Svelten, approached with an air of authority, exuding an imposing aura. Her voice cut through the stillness, carrying a hint of aggression, "Morgan!"

The girl ceased her caress, turned her head, and slowly lowered her hood, revealing a smile on her face.

"You owe me an explanation!" Altrouge said.

An intrigued expression crossed the girl's face as she responded, "An explanation? Explanation for what?"

"For killing one of my followers, Wallachia Night!"

"And what makes you so certain it was me?"

"Only someone like you could have transformed that human into the Night of Wallachia and placed him beside me without my knowledge!"

"That alchemist and I are somewhat partners. I didn't kill him, nor was I responsible for planting Dr. Heartless by your side."

Altrouge's brow furrowed as she demanded, "Then who was responsible?"

A mischievous smile played on the girl's lips, "The one who took his life is a magic from a distant past. And as for the one who brought him to your side... guess?"

Rizo-Waal Strout, with a stern expression, interjected, "Morgan, remember your position as a servant to Her Royal Highness. Show some respect!"

"I may possess many names and identities, but from the beginning to the end, my loyalty lies with only one king," the girl turned her gaze towards the crownless statue of the Eternal King, delicately plucking a fallen leaf from its surface.

For a millennium, her favorite activity had been cleaning the statue of the Eternal King, ensuring its surface was free from any trace of dust.

Altrouge fixed her gaze on the girl and asked, "You orchestrated the incident at the Castle of Separation, and that king made an appearance. Why didn't you go to meet him?"

A sudden realization dawned on Altrouge as she pointed at the girl and sneered, "Ah, I see! You're too ashamed to face the king!"

Shaking her head, the girl replied, "No, it's not just the king. I'm too ashamed to face anyone. Besides, I have already heard what the king had to say."

"When?" she asked, startled.

The girl simply flashed a smile and remained silent.

It was at that moment that Altrouge's eyes caught sight of the lollipop in the girl's hand.

"What's that?"

"Just a cheap lollipop."

She scoffed, "So, an ancient dame who's lived for over 1,500 years has a fondness for little girls' treats of this era? How ridiculous!"

"Well, I've always been quite the oddball," the girl chuckled, playfully poking fun at herself, choosing not to argue. She turned around, giving a wave of her hand, and cheerfully said, "Until we meet again, my Princess~!"

With a swish of her black cloak, the elegant girl transformed into a blond little girl in the blink of an eye, clutching a lollipop, and skipped away with delight.

Altrouge watched the petite figure recede into the distance, her brows knitting tightly, remaining silent.

"Your Highness, what shall we do next?"