Chapter 308

"Indeed, if we look at it from the perspective of resolution, we can consider this case solved. However..." Adashino Hishiri's gaze shifted towards Shirou as she questioned, "I'm curious, how did you, as a guest of Reines, come to know about this? There's no information about you in the Clock Tower. Moreover, as a magus affiliated with the Department of Policies, your quick grasp of the situation leads me to suspect that you've had some involvement in this case."

"Hold on, Adashino Hishiri! Fujimaru--" Waver interjected, frowning, but Shirou gently placed a hand on his shoulder and took a step forward.

"I'm not a magus, so there's no need to keep anything hidden," he stated. "I'll tell you the truth. Nothing can escape my sight. Just like you, the victim of the Spiritual Tomb of Albion."

Adashino's eyes suddenly contracted.

"And here's a piece of advice for you: you should leave that ritual immediately."

As his words hung in the air, the ritual set in motion by Adashino suddenly unleashed a torrent of thunderous energy, hurtling towards her like serpentine bolts of lightning.

Fortunately, thanks to his earlier warning, Adashino managed to dodge the onslaught.

Waver's eyes narrowed, and he exclaimed in astonishment, "The ritual... it went berserk?"

"It's actually a common occurrence," Shirou explained. "As I mentioned earlier, the rituals in this workshop have been influenced by the fluctuations in the leyline. The deceased had also noticed this, which is why the 50th ritual serves as a seal for the underground workshop rituals. However, he didn't anticipate that the deviation of the leyline from the rituals had reached such a severe level. In simpler terms, it was an underestimation on his part, leading to his own demise. That's the true conclusion of this unexpected incident."

Taking a brief pause, he turned to Waver and added, "Considering that Reines activated her Mystic Eyes and this member of the Department of Policies activated the ritual, it's not surprising that such a reaction occurred."

"When you mentioned solving my matter first, you don't mean..."

"Exactly," he nodded, adding, "If we keep talking a little longer, prolong the conversation, then this member of the Department of Policies will meet her end right here. I've calculated the timing perfectly."

"You're really underestimating me," she retorted. "Sure, I may be seen as a weak woman, but I won't be taken down by a simple thunderstrike."

Shirou glanced at her, "I hope you can hold onto that confidence once you witness the power of these rituals,"

And right after he spoke those words...

"Boom!!"

The ritual grew even more intense, as forty-nine thunderstrike rituals activated simultaneously. Thunderbolts crashed down, transforming the spot where Adashino had stood into a scorched wasteland.

Everyone's faces were drenched in cold sweat.

No doubt, if he hadn't given his warning, Adashino Hishiri would have been caught completely off guard and endured serious injuries, or worse, lost her life.

"It's incredibly dangerous," Reines remarked.

Shirou responded, "We're just getting started."

"What?" Everyone was puzzled.

Then, out of nowhere, Caules pointed at the area engulfed in rituals and exclaimed in astonishment, "Wait... What's that?"

All eyes turned towards the direction Caules had pointed, witnessing the peculiar particles streaming out from the shattered surface caused by the thunderstrikes.