Chapter 282

She was a knight who had committed the gravest of acts.

Emotions were an elusive concept to her, and the experience of beauty remained foreign. Her decision to pursue kingship wasn't solely predetermined; it was born out of a desire to protect everything she had experienced.

She didn't know what beauty was.

She didn't know what emotions were.

Becoming a king, wanting to protect people, was not driven by any feelings of guardianship within her heart but merely because it seemed like a noble act.

That was all.

However, someone shattered the carefully laid plans and challenged her worldview.

The person defied Merlin's vision of an ideal king, effortlessly dismantling the kingdom's strategies and laying bare the true essence of kingship.

What's more, even Caliburn, the legendary sword, recognized this individual's worthiness to wear the crown.

Confronted with these undeniable truths, she made the decision to pledge her unwavering loyalty to this king.

From the estate to the arduous journey, from the trials in Caerleon to the chaotic wars of succession, from the harrowing battles against mystical creatures to the relentless development of Cornwall, and even in the epic slaying of Vortigern... she was involved in everything.

She always listened to the king's words without any hesitation.

Being loyal to the king, obeying the king's commands, and carrying out the king's deeds—this was not just the way of a knight but also her inner voice.

She always believed it was solely due to loyalty, until her dear friend Arcueid used her Mystic Eyes, breaching the barriers of her heart and engulfing her in an overwhelming surge of emotions.

In that moment, she came to a profound realization. It wasn't solely her unyielding knightly spirit that fueled her actions; a deep admiration for the king had taken root within her heart.

Indeed, it had been a considerable amount of time since she had begun harboring such admiration for the king.

Only the king remained oblivious to this sentiment, and she herself had been unaware of it until now.

And now, thanks to her good friend's Mystic Eyes, in a mere instant, all her hidden emotions were laid bare.

In the depths of her being, she had never before experienced such a surge of intense emotions. In a moment of confusion, these overwhelming feelings engulfed her mind, leading her to commit the gravest of acts—betraying not only her role as a knight but also her identity as a woman.

She betrayed the king.

She betrayed the king who had placed unwavering trust in her.

The king's will was strong, and there were no outbursts while awake. It was only during deep slumber that the true outbursts began.

Her mind was clouded, and her consciousness became murky. The king pinned her down and ravaged her relentlessly for two days and two nights, until she finally passed out.

With a pale face, she quickly tidied up the aftermath and then hurried to Tintagel under the cover of night.

She had always held great admiration for the king, but it was this specific incident that caused her immense pain.

It was the most shameful and treacherous act she had ever committed as a knight – betraying the king.

Later, Agravain, Gawain, Merlin, and even her elder brother Kay became aware of this matter.