14.

Meanwhile, when Brittany was out on the road, she called Veronica. Lucky for Veronica, she was in lunch period. Veronica rushed to the bathroom and took the call. She went into the stall and said, "Brittany! Why the hell are you calling me?!"

~"Sorry."

*"Well, all I could say is this, you're lucky I'm in lunch right now. What do you want?"

~"It's the cops."

*"Okay? What about them?"

~"Anyway, girl, Dawne recorded the conversation between me and her before I killed her."

*"Brittany!!!"

~"I'm sorry! She's the one that's going to turn me in to the cops. It was either her or me."

*"Call me later, okay? I have to go, it's time for class."

~"Bye."

Silvermist High was just starting their lunch periods for Kevin, Lark, Anais, Tony, and Vienna. Anais says, "Do you guys know what's happening on Friday besides 90s' day?"

"The football game", asked Kevin.

"Yeah! Anyone interested in going with me?"

"Me!"

"I could go for some football", said Vienna.

"Nah, no thanks I don't like football", said Lark.

"All right. You don't know what you're missing."

"Whatever."

Anais says, "Hmmm....."

"What's the matter?"

"Something's not right."

"What is it?"

"I don't know, it's just that something's not right."

Later on that day, when Veronica went back home from school, there is a loud knock on the door. Mr. Jackson answered the door and two men with police badges stepped in. The detectives and Mr. Jackson were in front of her with thir arms folded. Veronica said, "Uhm, Dad, what are detectives doing here?"

Mr. Jackson snaps at her saying, "Cut the innocent crap, Veronica! You know damn well what are they doing here."

Officer Bradley said, "Rumor has it that you were with Brittany when Romania died, right?"

"Uhm, s-s-sure", she stuttered when she's sweating bullets.

"Do you, by any chance have a grudge against Romania?"

"No."

Sargeant Yellowstone said, "Do you dislike her in anyway?"

"No, I just don't talk to her, that's all."

"But if you do, would you plan to kill her?"

"Oh, for God's sake, no! I have no intention of killing anyone."

"Really? Because, we found yours and Brittany's fingerprints and bootprints at the crime scene. I mean, you did wear Timbalands on that night, right?", remarked Bradley. "So much for 'no intention of killing anyone.'"

Veronica just sat on her living room couch with her face buried into her hands. "But that doesn't imply that I did it."

Officer Bradley said, "But you're still an accomplice, which makes you as guilty as the perp. Long story, short, you're in a ton of trouble."

All Mr. Jackson did was shake his head in complete disappointment.

"Can you tell us what happened?"

"No! Not in front of my father. I don't think he would need to hear about this."

"You were a part of someone's freaking murder, Veronica! How the hell would I not want to know?!", screamed Mr. Jackson.

"Mr. Jackson, it's okay", said Yellowstone.

Bradley said, "It really is."

"Why", asked Mr. Jackson.

"Because we're going to the precinct for her to tell her little story. Veronica Jackson, you are under arrest. You have the right to remain silent; If you refuse to give up that right, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have a right to an attourney...."