9.

"Tony, I heard you stood up for Vienna the other day, but that doesn't give you a right to be an asshole, especialy to Lark. Kevin, do you know where is she?"

"No, but I'll call her."

"Cool." He dialed her number and after a few rings, she picked up.

*"Hi"

~"What's up?"

*"Nothing much. Hey, I was wondering if..."

The conversation between Lark and Kevin was taken to the other side of the room. While the police are investigating Dawne and how she was murdered, Lance is still pissed off at Tony.

"Why are you such a dickhead?"

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"You got Vienna all worked up over something that happened with a text about Jacob. Now you made my little cousin cry and leave. Lark just lost her memory and obviously, she's sensitive at this point. What the fuck is your problem?"

No answer. 

"Are you really looking forward to getting your ass beat twice in one day? ANSWER ME, YOU SCRAWNY BASTARD!"

"I guess I'm just frustrated about Roman and these other guys, okay? Cody was my best friend besides Kevin. And Cody has been dead for like two weeks or so."

"Please, just don't bring up Cody, okay? I know that he died just last week and do you really believe that I give a shit about how you're frustrated right now?! Don't take it out on them or anyone ever again, you hear me?"

"Fine", he breathed.

Kevin said, "Lark's home, I told her that I'm on my way over there to calm her down."

Lance said, "Okay. Thanks. Tell her I said, 'hi'."

Kevin rode his bike to Lark's house and there she sat, on her porch. With her face buried in her hands, crying. With or without her memory, she never cried, so this was kind of new to Kevin. "Hey."

She looked up and said, "Hi."

"Are you okay?"

"No! Why did Tony say all of that? I didn't do anything to him."

"He's a dick, that's why. Don't listen to him, he's mad about the teens dying. Plus you're not useless. If we could get your memory back, we could know what happened to Roman. Most importantly, you'll go back to the way you were."

"How was I? Better, worse, what?"

Blushing he said, "With or without your memory, we'd still love you." Then he and Lark leaned in closer and closer together. Their noses, then their lips almost touched but then...

"Lark! Can you help me with dinner, please?", yelled her mom.

"Damn", she muttered. "I gotta go." Then she kissed his head and left.

Kevin leaves the porch to head home and he hears a soft, yet sharp whisper, "Kevin! Kevin!"          

He says silently, "Who's there?"          

No answer.          

"Show yourself", he muttered.          

As he walks towards the bus stop, he saw a flash of light, practically blinding him. He slips face-first and lies on the ground. When he gets up, he notices that his sneakers are untied and a note says, "We need to talk"  in blood.