Chapter 71: Taking Care of Business

It was only a small span of time, but Alan wished he never had to go through doing this. This was never something he thought would be on the docket of things to do when he signed up for this job. Forget this job, as he saw fit going through life that was. 

But then again, the pain of saying what happened and thinking about Chase's feelings was only small in comparison to what Chase was going through right now. Knowing the pain that young man was under in having seen a glimpse in the bathroom, he was willing to do whatever it took to make things better. 

After detailing everything to Jordan and making sure the mechanic had a good hand on taking care of Chase, the rest of the pieces fell into place.

Alan made the hardest phone call first, revealing the details of what happened to Cindy and Bill. Between the anger and pain he could feel in Cindy's words, and watching Bill even choke up a little despite his calm demeanor, Alan wished he could take back every ounce. However, he knew Chase's support circle and knew those within it would be the most important in moving forward. He was going to need every bit of their help to get past what he was dealing with. 

He knew that included Ryan and Darrell, but didn't make that call for the time being. That would be up to Chase to handle. He felt they needed to know, but did not want to cross the line in trust in telling too many people. Besides, it may be therapeutic to speak about the details aloud and get them out in the open. 

He then called the investigator, asking for a meeting at the hotel. He depicted the details in full, even showcasing the text messages Chase had received from Alison through Sarina's number to develop the trail.

"Where is Mr. Elliot-" The investigator began afterwards, with Alan already having developed the answer to tell him. It was the only option based on what he had seen earlier in the bathroom. Chase did not need anything else to go through right now. 

"You don't need to put him through anymore hell or reminders," Alan cuts him off. "There's no additional information that you need at this time to continue the investigation. Really, if I was him, I would be furiously angry in knowing Alison has easily visited him, manipulated, controlled, molested now without you being able to catch her. I mean, it really makes me sick standing here telling you." Alan takes a deep breath, knowing losing his temper would get them nowhere. "I know you need his word, but for now you need to just trust me. Once we know Sarina is okay and this is over, then you can get a statement from him. Right now, I feel it'd be too much for him to take."

"I understand, but we also need to make sure that he is okay and have him chec-"

"There's no trace because he said he took a shower last night. Physically, he's okay. Mentally is another story, but I feel we have it under control with what we're doing. I think your focus should be getting Sarina away from that witch. It's only a matter of time before something happens. Alison has Sarina to get to Chase, but what happens when she gets bored of that?"

"We will need the ring for eviden-"

"You're going to have to once again trust us. You've seen it as I showed it to you, as well as the fact it was in the original photo that Chase received from Alison. But for now, that ring needs to stay with him. It's the one thing that he can hold on to for hope...."

It took time for everything to continue to fall in place as the investigators did whatever they wanted with the information, while Alan continued to keep Bill and Cindy in the loop as Jordan took care of Chase.

It was three hours later that Chase had emerged from the bathroom, sitting on the edge of the bed, phone in hand, trying to avoid getting shaky. He had to do this one more time; he had to keep on a straight face and be strong. This was going to be the most important meeting, and he couldn't screw it up no matter what. This was the only plan they could figure working at this moment.

He hears a knock on the door – his breath hitching in his throat as he glances down at the floor. Every part of him wanted to run right now, but he had to do this for her. He slowly makes his way over to the door, opening it.

"You are dressed appropriately this time," Alison comments with a grin on her face as she enters the room, watching the door close behind her. "I'm impressed..."

"That was my intension," Chase replies as he sits back on the edge of the bed. Why was this much harder than the other nights? Every part of him wanted to bolt to the bathroom. "That was why I reached out to you." Alison crosses her arms watching him closely.

"I was really impressed to hear you wanted to see me...." Chase fakes a smile, as he resists every urge to break down in that moment.

"Let's face it – this is about me and you, and nobody else. This has always been about how far you can push me, how crazy you drive me, and clearly based on your feelings for me." He then reluctantly reaches out for her hand, clasping it. He could feel his own skin crawling as he did so, wanting to escape the touch at all costs. "I'm done letting my friends get hurt. If you let Sarina go, I am willing to do whatever you want – whether go with you, sleep with you – I don't care. I just want her to be okay, please..."

"Are you absolutely certain without a shadow of a doubt?" Chase knew the key to the plan – get the phone away from her and then call in the backup. However, that wasn't possible right now and they didn't want to capture her without knowing the location of where they were supposed to be going. So it was down to the second ridiculous plan he wished he never had to believe in.

"Please, I'm begging you at this point..." Alison smirks back in return as she walks towards the door.

"Get dressed, and come downstairs. Walk over to the 2015 Camaro and get in without a single word. We'll see how this goes..." Chase slowly nods his head as he takes a shaky deep breath, watching her walk out of the room.