Chapter 24: "Now which way do we go?"

Thursday, February 15, 2018 – Daytona, Florida

"Now which way do we go?" Ryan questions as they seemed to be getting closer to where some hopeful civilization would be. It was a miracle considering the conversation just an hour ago about how lost they seemed to be on the beach. It was something neither thought they'd see with how stranded they originally appeared. 

"This way," Chase answers as he leads them down a path. Ryan almost wasn't set to listen, given where they'd gotten so far, but he also didn't have a single clue. Was this a case of the blind leading the blind, or did Chase actually know more than he wanted to give him credit for? "That hotel there – that's where the crew guys are staying!"

"Wouldn't they be gone already?" Chase knew that was a possibility, but whether they were there or not, he didn't care. There was staff that would be inside - front desk, cleaning, valet, and random tourists. It was someone that could help them out. 

They continue walking, both of them feeling some pain as those clothes clung tight being soaked, walking up to the edge of the Marriott property.

"Chase?" They hear, catching them by surprise. They could only wonder what crew member and team this person was from - or perhaps it was a fan and that may spell trouble, but it was nice to finally find someone who recognized them. They watch as the person immediately heads over their direction, and every reflex relaxed immediately. They didn't have to worry about answering questions to a stranger, at least. "We're just about to come to the track. What the hell are you doing here? And why are you both soaked?"

"Crashed the plane in the beach," Chase states, causing Jordan's jaw to drop immediately. How could he say something so casually without a care in the world? If that was him in this situation, he would've been panicked with tears and hyperventilating happening. "We were going to pick up Lindsay and ran into a bit of a probl-"

"A bit of a problem? Are you serious? This is no little problem! I mean, I don't know if you realize, but you're both damn lucky to be simply standing here based on what you're telling me. I mean, how lucky can one gu-"

"Look, can I call Sarina and my dad, please? They're going to be worr-"

"Come with me...." Jordan gets the pair of them to follow him up to the hotel, causing some glances from a couple of the other crew members. It wasn't every day that you saw a pair of drivers walking into a hotel with their clothes soaked through.

It didn't take Jordan long to explain what was happening, causing more shocked glances from the various crew members. But in their true fashion, they each stepped in to help immediately. They led both boys inside, and back up to the floor they were staying on. They went down to the crew chief's suite, with Alan letting them in immediately. How was he supposed to say no given what happened? 

"Get out of your wet clothes," Alan instructs as he goes into the closet. He didn't have much, but threw a pair of pants and shirt at each of them. He just hoped they were close to the same size. It was all about trying to get them comfortable as quick as possible. "Anything is better than being soaked."

The pair nod their heads as they follow the instructions, getting changed quickly. Once changed, the crew members had already figured out their plan of action. Josh was set on making sure both of them were comfortable laying in Alan's bed, having seen the signs of being sore. Alan had taken the action of calling Sarina, followed by calling Bill, while Jordan took the liberty of phoning it in to the investigator.

"Sarina, Cindy, and Bill are on their way over," Alan states as he glances over the pair. It shouldn't surprise anyone that they'd be coming over immediately filled with concern in hearing what happened. "You both need to get checked out so they can take you. Ryan, if you want, we can call Roger, anybody you nee-"