Chapter 51: "Are you flipping kidding me?!?"

Thursday March 22, 2018

"Chase, have you seen my umbrella?" Sarina questions, catching him off-guard as he watches her rummage through the closet. "It's supposed to rain on Saturday at Martinsville..."

"They've changed it to just rain now?" He wonders and she nods her head, having checked the weather report again for probably the fifth time that day. Normally she wouldn't care or worry, but a short track presented an opportunity she didn't want to pass up. 

"A trace of rain expected from 3 to midnight. Do you know what that means?" She then glances around to face him. "We may be both chasing our clocks on Sunday." Chase lets out a sigh as it wouldn't surprise him given past years of chaos at the paperclip.

"I thought you left the umbrella in the back of the plane." She then freezes, thinking back, before letting out a sigh as she shuts the closet. Why hadn't she been able to remember that? "Besides, wouldn't you be interested in being a swamped ra-"

"I did that with you last year at Daytona. I'm not doing that with you again, got it?" He chuckles, nodding his head as he reaches out and grabs her hand, pulling her close to him. There were advantages to what happened. 

"But you were my cute swamped rat, and I didn't want to let you go." He then lightly kisses her lips. "Actually, I don't ever think that I could let you go...."

"I'm glad that you believe that." Their hands then lock together, before their lips find each other once again as he leans back against the edge of the bed. Perhaps there was something to think about, something much better than the forecast this weekend.

"I mean every single word. I love you, Sarina, and nothing will ever change that." He then moves in, kissing her lips softly once again as his finger traces the ring on her finger. "I wouldn't have given you this and pushed you if I didn't mean it."

"I still can't believe how amazing that night was. I was so afraid of a simple question, and you just made my fears go away immediately. I love you, always, and thank you." She then kisses his lips once again. It was a feeling she wasn't ever about to give up. 

"You never need to thank me..." He then returns the kiss in return, liking the direction this was going.

"I know, but I always feel a need too because I can't ever say enough words for what you did for me......" Her words trail off as he deepens the kiss, exploring her mouth with his tongue a little. She couldn't resist it even if she tried, immediately returning the favor as their tongue find each other with her hands running up underneath his shirt. Their tongues remain together for the next 10 minutes, purely exploring each other, as her fingers don't move an inch, totally lost in the moment. Finally pulled away, she was able to slip his top off. "Maybe I can repay the favor, if you allo-"

"I told you that I was fin-" He slips off her top as she just shakes her head, glancing right into his brown eyes.

"I know, and I believe you – but I meant repaying you in another way and form. Let me show you just how much I love you, so you never have to think about the taste of her lips on you ever again...." She then begins a trail of kisses from his cheek, all the way down his neck, to his shoulder.

"Mmm...." They then hear a knock at the front door, eyes meeting each other, silently cursing it immediately. "Were you expecting someone?"

"Nope. Were you?" He shakes his head no as he goes down the stairs, while Sarina fumbles to find her shirt, continuing to curse under her breath.

It doesn't take Chase long to reach the bottom of the stairs, opening the door, and set to roll his eyes immediately in seeing Lindsay standing there. Didn't she have somewhere she could be right now? He thought Ryan would be taking up the same type of activity as he was set too before her arrival.