Chapter 70: How did you know?

Thursday April 12, 2018 – Nashville, Tennessee

Jordan grips the door handle, turning it as he enters the adjoined room with Alan in toe. Given how late in the morning it was and not a single word heard from Chase yet, the pair figured they better check on him. They hear what could be assumed to be tears coming from the bathroom – taking a glance at each other, before making their way in that direction. Jordan glances in the room first, feeling his heart break immediately.

"Chase?" He calls out quietly, earning a small glance from Chase. It was followed by a small sigh, as he leans back against the wall running his hands through his hair. There was no strength left anymore to put on a good face for them. And why should he? It had been four days since Sarina went missing. No matter what was going on, it was going to leave him feeling terrible. "Are you okay?"

"This is just making me sick to my stomach," Chase confesses as he lets out a sigh. Jordan slowly makes his way into the bathroom, sitting down on the floor beside him. He knew there was no magic words or thing he could do - other than bringing Sarina back to him - that would make him feel better right now. So it was all about adding a bit of comfort to the situation. "I tried to sleep last night – but I kept thinking about what happened, and I couldn't Jordan..." But rather than it being his worry about Sarina as they probably thought, the sickness was solely based on Alison.

"You should've and came and got us. We would've come and sat with you, or tried to do something..." Alan nods his head agreeing as Chase lets out a sigh. Why was it so hard to say the truth? They knew what Alison was capable of. They probably would not be surprised by his confession. Why couldn't he just say the words? 

"I appreciate that, but you've both already done so much for me that it wouldn't have been fair." He also felt bad in knowing he's been lying, too.

"Like I told you before, and I'll tell you until my face is blue – we will do anything for you, and keep doing it as long it makes sure you and Sarina are okay," Alan states as he leans back against the wall. "I meant those words, Chase. Somebody doesn't dodge a bullet and not run for no reason." Chase feels his breath hitch in his throat, knowing that was the first time Alison tried to pull one of these moves. Then came the comments in court, followed by this past week – which brought the vomit back up stream again.

"Easy...." Jordan comments as he rubs Chase's back, watching the young man throw whatever was still left up. How was there anything left? "Breathe, Chase, it's going to be okay..."

Jordan then stands up and walks over to the sink, grabbing the washcloth and running it under the cold water. His eyes immediately caught a bit of a pink shine on the counter, glancing that way as it was so familiar. It brought a smile to his face as he recognized it immediately, but then brought confusion.

"Alan...." He whispers just loud enough for the crew chief to hear, catching Alan's attention. He points to the ring on the counter, which results in the crew chief looking back confused as well.

"I'll handle this," Alan whispers back as he takes one glance at Chase. Seeing him sitting on the floor shirtless trying to calm the fears again, he noticed the mark on his collarbone and immediately remembered Alison's words in court. It was a mark he had not seen on his shoulder throughout the rest of the week, which only caused the intrigue to rise. "Please...."

Jordan knew by the crew chief's reaction he wanted alone time with Chase as there was a theory in development – even if he had no clue what Alan was thinking. Regardless, he followed direction and slowly made his way out of the bathroom.

"Take a deep breath, relax, take another deep breath," Alan offers as he rubs Chase's forehead with the cloth. "Just take a series of deep breathes. She's going to be okay, as well as you." Chase tries to follow direction, but the images of the past couple nights fill every thought. He closes his eyes, attempting every bit of focus, feeling the coolness on his forehead, followed by his cheeks. He then feels it go away, flinching a little and almost jumping a bit away from Alan as it returns on his back.