Chapter 28: Powershares QQQ 300

He makes his way into the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series garage, stopping immediately as he saw Jordan twirling an envelope in his hand. He knew he didn't need to say a word in already knowing what it probably contained and where it was from. 

"Do I want to know?" He questions and Jordan shakes his head.

"I found it by the garage door when we came in this morning," Jordan reveals and Chase lets out a sigh. It honestly didn't surprise him anymore with what was going on and the fact the pieces continued to add up over and over – despite supposedly everything being followed and investigated. How it kept happening despite everything would always a mystery for him. 

"You know the drill..." He walks past Jordan, going by the pit kart as he leans back with a sigh. 

His mind immediately began to wander about the contents that were in the envelope, and whether he could even feel safe about Sarina wandering the garage area without him, or someone he could trust, by her side. He even began to wonder if going easily between garages without a second thought was something he needed to stop himself. Every question that you could think about safety flooded his thoughts as he tried to push it behind himself and focus on the practice ahead. While not focusing on the contents of envelopes was supposed to save himself, it was instead proving to be a bigger distraction right now.

"Are you okay?" He hears, snapping him out of his thoughts as he just automatically nods his head. It had become simple practice now no matter what was going on. "I know you're lyin-"

"I'd rather not talk about it," he tells the crew chief without even turning his head to acknowledge him. That should be an obvious answer given everything that happened, too. "Don't we have a practice to focus on? I'd rather just worry about that." Alan slowly nods his head, accepting, though felt every alarm going off in his head in the process.

"Of course, but know that if you want to talk about anything, you can let me kno-"

"I know, and I appreciate that. But right now, I'd rather not." Chase walks away and checks over the helmet and gloves, before climbing in the car. It was time to forget about everything for a bit and be free for a change.

They went through the first couple of runs without any problems, before Alan was set to take a small break with some adjustments being made. Jordan took the time to come over, kneel by the window of the car and look in.

"The note was her usual tactic of trying to scare you," Jordan reveals, catching Chase's attention. "Nothing alarming, nothing new, except the fact she's saying you'll be forced to make a decision and it'll be based on who you care about the most." Chase instantly swallows the lump that had formed in his throat, knowing whom Allison was referring to. He could worry about himself and deal with that, but knowing her life was in danger was not comforting at all. 

"I know you're supposed to be focused on your job here, but can you make sure that Sarina is okay?" He questions and Jordan nods his head, accepting. While it wasn't in the normal work description, he knew Alan wouldn't say anything based on the circumstances. After all, they were all just as much worried about Chase. 

"Absolutely. I can check up on her, and make sure that she's always got someone with or around her incase." Chase nods his head, accepting. It made him feel a little better, but he couldn't deny that the butterflies were still there. 

"And Jordan, don't say a word about why..." Jordan accepts immediately as he stands up, giving his driver a quick pat on the shoulder before walking away. "Deep breathes, deep breaths, and stay calm; everything is going to be okay."

"Ready to go for another run?" He hears Alan, immediately thankful for the distraction as he gives a simple nod. "Let me know how she feels..." Alan puts the window net up having seen Jordan walk off, before sending him back out for another run.