Together forever, right?

Ellie's PoV

As i wait in this hospital bed it feels like hours have passed by. Leah has been holding my hand the whole time kissing it every now and then. She has spoken with my mother who is travelling down later by train and will be collected by Amanda. I lay with tears rolling down my eyes when a doctor comes in.

"Mrs Williamson my name is Dr Hamilton and I'm here to check in these babies, I've heard you've had a bit of a ordeal"

"You could say that I don't look my finest right now" I try to joke.

Leah now stood up at my head.

"You always look fine baby don't be silly" I wink at her and she winks back.

I lay there looking at Leah who is looking at the screen. I so wish I could look but this damn brace is still on.

"Okay so this will be cold"

"No worries"

"So Mrs Williamson"

"Oh please call me Ellie"

"Okay Ellie so how far along are we?"

"Just turned eight month today"

"And we know what we're having"

"A girl and a boy"

"Okay and have they been healthy throughout Jo issues"

I start to feel doubt.

"No no issues"

"That's good because looking at them right now I'd say they are healthy aswell"

"Wait what....they're okay"

"They're more than okay listen"

And with that I hear it I hear their little heart beats banging away like little drums.

"Le"

"El they're perfect....your perfect" she has tears falling from her face but that still doesn't stop her from kissing me.

"Can I see"

"Sorry I can't pic this screen up but I will get you a picture, good luck Ellie I'm sure they will be a hand full"

And with that he leaves. But the silence is short lived when another doctor comes in.

"Ellie hi I'm Dr Bright we met when you first come in. I'm pleased to tell you that there isn't any injuries picked up on the scans and I'm pleased to tell you that we can take the collar off and get you home"

"Oh you are dr bright you just brought light to our lives" I hear Leah say and I just laugh she is the most corny person I know.

"Shut up you" she says laughing with me.

Before long I'm allowed to sit up. I'm allowed home. Home with Leah. My Leah.

As we head to the front of the hospital Beth and Viv are waiting.

"Will you stop causing us trouble" Beth says. I just smile and give her the biggest hug. That's when I hear someone clear their throat. I turn round.

"Sorry no pictures today" Leah says I just smile.

I walk slowly over to her the woman who cleared her throat

"Ellie what you doing" Leah says.

The woman now dressed in her normal clothes. I take her into a hug. I hug I know will stay with me forever.

"Thank you" I whisper

"Just doing my job" she says

"Erm Ellie who's this." Leah questions

I leave the embrace.

"Leah this is Isla, Isla was the one who got in the car with me when it was on its side, Isla is the one who kept me calm and talking and she is the one who made sure I was safe. Isla is a paramedic but I guess you could call her my hero"

"Don't be silly Ellie it's my job"

I watch as Leah walks over taking Isla into her arms.

Leah's PoV

We walk out of the hospital hand in hand I have my wife, my babies are safe and we're going home. Home to my house and I guess we should call it ours. I see Beth and Viv and of course Beth jokes with Ellie. That's when I hear a woman behind me clearing her throat.

"Sorry no pictures today" I say to her and I see Ellie walk to her. They embrace each other. Who is this woman. I feel a little jealousy build but that's when Ellie says.

"Leah this is Isla, Isla was the one who got in the car with me when it was on its side, Isla is the one who kept me calm and talking and she is the one who made sure I was safe. Isla is a paramedic but I guess you could call her my hero"

This is the woman who saved my family. My emotions take over and I take her into a hug. Tears fall.

"Thank you for caring for my wife, anything I can do for you just name it I'll always be in your debt."

"That's not necessary Leah it's my job I'm just glad Ellie and the babies are okay."

I smile.

"Thank you"

I take Ellie's hand and we get in the car. I can see Ellie tense up.

"It's all good baby vivs driving you remember she drives the speed of a snail"

"Williamson get out of my car" Viv says which makes me laugh.

When we're home we're inundated with visitors family and friends and I get to see my mother. She tells me how worried she was and she's glad I'm okay. I give her my house key to stay at mine for tonight and however long she will be here. But as soon as they're all gone that's when I can relax.

Leah sits in the couch but at the opposite end. She's fiddling with her hands again.

"Le, talk"

"I'm sorry I'm just so glad your okay I don't know what I'd do without you"

"Come here you big softy"

Leah comes over and cuddles into me.

"Le you never have to worry about that I'm always going to be here but there is one thing I want"

"What's that" Leah smirks at me.

"No you dirty girl save that for later" I wink and giggle at her.

I take the chain from around her neck and take off her wedding ring. I hold it between my fingers and I look her dead in the eye.

"Leah will you be my wife again" I ask holding the ring next to Leah's finger.

"Of course I will"

And with that I place the ring back on her hand before taking mine from my chain and placing it back on. Together forever. Right?