Final match

Leah PoV

Today is my last match for arsenal before the babies come as tomorrow we will find out when Ellie will be scheduled for the birth. I won't lie I'll miss football of course but I have a football pitch in the garden where I can let off any steam and I won't be far from Ellie and the twins.

"Baby you up" I hear el shout from down stairs.

"Yes just packing my wash bag I'll be down in a minute"

I pack everything I need and put in my arsenal tracksuit. My hair down and bobbles tied round my wrist. As I get to the kitchen el has made my breakfast smashed avocado on toast with scrambled eggs and a juice of course. This woman I mean a dream right.

"Brush" she says as I pass her my brush. What not a lot of you know is that since I met el she sneaks and does my signature hair style I guess it's become a-bit of a superstition of mine as when she didn't do it I did my acl.

"How you feeling for today?"

"I'm feeling good I'm wearing the armband today and it also marks 10years being with the club."

"How amazing I'm sorry I can't make it I'm just too pregnant"

"It's okay I'll blow you a kiss down the camera"

"You better" she says as she finishes my hair and kisses me on the cheek as I finish my breakfast.

As time rolls on I get in the car and head to pick up Beth and Viv to say I'm nervous for today is an understatement. I'm scared as I know I have to make a speech before the game.

"Hey Leah you ok?"

"I'm good thanks Viv"

"Hey Beth"

"Hey"

"What's up with her" I ask Viv

"Woke up on the wrong side of the bed she'll be okay later"

I watch as Viv rolls her eyes at Beth which makes me giggle.

"Ready for the match beffy"

"Guess so" this isn't the Beth I know and love so I pull the car over and turn to her.

"Oi ignorant, we vowed after your mum passed we will be there for each other no matter what. So what is really going on"

I see Beth's eyes well up.

"I'm going to miss you" I can't help but laugh.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah stop laughing"

"Oh babe I'll be down the road and you need to come see your god children so I'm sure I'll see you more than I already do"

Beth giggles.

"You big softy." I lean over and take her hand.

"I got you"

"And I got you Leah"

"Good now can we have crazy loud beffy back I miss her" I smirk.

"Okay. You best get driving we're going to be late and you know what vivs like when she's late"

We both start to laugh knowing too well how much of a goody two shoes she is.

"Oh that's it pick on me again now your better"

Beth leans forward.

"You know I love you"

Viv rolls her eyes and just says "mmmm" with a smile.

As soon as we arrive we head to the changing rooms of course I do my ritual with my socks and then my boots and head onto the pitch for some warm ups. I pair with Beth she usually with Viv but she is like a leech today which I didn't mind. We talk as we stretch and I see my family in the stands I head over and speak with my mother before heading back to the tunnel. As soon as we're ready we line up in the tunnel, we start to walk out and this is when I know I'm to do my speech.

"So today marks a special day" jonas addresses the crowd.

"Today we present one of our own, a legend and  an inspiration to many. Leah can you join me"

I look at the team and roll my eyes causing them to snigger.

"Today marks Leah being with the club for 10 years, and to present the award we have someone special" I look at jonas confused. That's when I see her.

"El" I whisper. I watch as she waddles towards me such a cute waddle in a men's size arsenal top with my number and our last name. Holding a shirt which has been framed and flowers.

"Hey beautiful" she says

A huge smile appears on my face.

"You sneaky bugger" I laugh as she hands me the things she's carrying and I lean them against me as we have our pictures took. Ellie leans into me.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world,  ow it's your speech time"

I take the mic.

"Hey gooners, so it's an honour to have been a gooner for so long. To have your support every day to thrive to be the best for not only myself and the team but also for you all. This is my last match however" I hear the shock of the fans.

"But only for a few months as I become a mother and settle into the new role I'm going to be taking on. It's time to be the skipper in our house" I smile and hold el close to me.

"Now let's win this" and with that the crowd cheers. I kiss el once more before she joins my family.

As I stand in position after the coin toss I smile a smile I can't shift. Leah Williamson is usually stone faced but today I'm happy. I'm happy to win this match, and then take position as the mother I always longed to be.