This cant be happening

Ellie's PoV

My chat with Leah lasted long into the night and we chatted, laughed, cried and it felt like the old us. We decided that I would drive back home as I'd drove to my mums originally. She has training the day of the drive back but she said for me to meet me at her house straight after. I made Leah get some sleep seeming as I didn't want to be the reason for her being in trouble in training.

As the morning broke I made my way to my mother's kitchen to be treated by my favourite breakfast smashed avocado on toast with a poached egg and treated by a smiling mother.

"Good morning sweetheart, how did you sleep"

"I slept so well mum. But I need to tell you something"

"Okay is everything okay with the babies"

"Yes don't worry they're all snug in there, I just wanted to let you know I'm heading back home today. Me and Leah spoke last night and I want to try and make a go of it with her".

I hear a squeal, as I watch my mother dance towards me.

"Finally....oh I'm so happy"

She takes me into her embrace and hugs me tight.

"Baby girl this is what you need, you need your wife back, you need your normality again and to be honest I need my house back"

I laugh "oh thanks mum"

"No I love you more than you know but I'm working, I'm your manager, I'm your mother so I don't want to be a "flat mate"".

This makes me laugh.

"Okay drama."

My mother playfully slaps my arm.

"So I best get packed"

"I'll help" my mother eagerly says.

"Jesus don't sound to eager."

As the clock strikes 10 I decide to head off the drive to London will take about four hours which gives me plenty of time to settle before Leah comes home. My mum and me say our goodbyes I tell her I'll call her when I'm home and we set a date for the next time she will visit.

About an hour into the drive I get a call off Leah.

"Hey baby mama"

"Oh is that all I am to you now"

"No you know your more to me than that"

"Well I hope so"

"I can't wait to see you el"

"I can't wait to see you too le"

"So tell me how far off are you"

"Well I set off an hour ago. I'm 3 hours away still, how's training"

"Training is training, I told the girls your coming back"

"Oh really and how did that go"

"El you know they love you more than me so let's say they can't wait to see you"

"Cute. How's things with Lia"

"El"

"No le I'm interested. Things are okay she's okay around me we don't speak much but we work well in the pitch."

"Good no trouble causing then"

"No don't worry. I can't wait to cuddle you"

"Oh my god is the Leah Williamson getting soppy"

That's when I hear the laugh I fell in love with all them years ago.

"Only for you"

"Good, we'll get back to training and I'll see you at your house"

"Our house, see you later baby"

Baby, our house, soppy for me. I have my Leah back.

The drive goes well that's until I have an hour to go. The rain starts to pour and pour down it's hard to see but I stay in the slow lane. The traffic slowing down slightly but that's when I feel it. The back end of my car spins out. Someone hit me, I get jolted to the side I try and control my car but I can't seem too. This can't be it surely. I feel my car skid across the motorway and I feel it falling into the ditch at the side of the road. The airbags deploy but I can't move. I rub my belly there is not blood or anything thank go. I reach up and press the sos button. I hope they come.

Leah's PoV

Today is the day that Ellie is coming home. I made sure to clean I mean I'm known to be tidy but when I'm with el I want to make effort. Training goes well, I speak with the girls I tell them about me and Ellie and the reception was amazing. Lia on the other hand would make snarky comments. I get it she's hurt I hurt her like I seem to always do. When I speak with el I tell a white lie I don't want her to worry. Work is work and el is my home.

As the hours pass by el should be home now. I have two hours left and it can't come quick enough. Today is a good day, or so I thought.

As I change I feel my phone buzz and then stop. That's when I notice 9 missed calls from a number I don't know of. Of course I ring it back.

"Hello st. Thomas' hospital how may I help you"

A pit as deep as could be forms in my stomach.

"He...hello I have received some missed calls from yourself"

Beth, Viv, Katie, Caitlin see the worry in my face they stay behind and wait with me.

"Sorry this is the main hospital number maybe if I put you through to the emergency department they may know"

"Okay thank you"

"Beth ring my mum ask if they're all okay while this rings through"

Beth straight on it. She says all is okay and as she does this Katie rings Ellie.

"Leah there isn't answer off Ellie"

"Leah your mum and family are all okay."

"Hey this is Katie I'm just wondering is Ellie with you...no...okay....have you heard from her....okay thank you Mrs Williams" Katie puts the phone down.

"Leah I think it's Ellie"

With that I don't know what happens I don't see anything, I don't hear anything I start to shake I mean it can't be can it. I feel the phone get taken from me.

"Hello, I have had a few missed calls from yourself my name is Leah Williamson"

I look at Viv in the phone.

"Okay...thank you I'll be right there"

She puts the phone down.

"Leah we need to go Ellie's been in a car crash"

My walls crumble and I turn into a heap of tears. This can't be we just decided to try again. I need to see my girl...and my babies.