The Start of the Break

Ellie's PoV

We arrived home that night and on my drive home I had called Adele to pull the flight forward so we would leave tomorrow night. There were no questions asked and it was done. That's what I appreciated about Adele she was my ride or die and she always had my back.

"Ellie you home" Leah shouted as she walked in.

"In the kitchen"

I could hear her putting down her things and heading in. I turned round and hopped on the counter.

"I'm sorry it come out at counselling but I was going to tell you about going to America for work"

"I just hoped i heard it before but it's okay"

"So two weeks you're going to love it me not nagging you" I try to make light of the situation.

"I don't want to do it" she says bluntly standing in front of me leaning on the other counter.

"And I didn't want you to cheat on me but we cant have our own way can we" I quip back quickly. I see the hurt in Leah's face I know she didn't mean it but it happened.

"I just don't get it Leah what did I do to deserve it I thought we were happy I gave you the option for me to stay and you told me to go. I would have stayed and looked after you. You could have told me before we married and I know it still would have hurt but not as much. I want this to work and I know you love me but promise me in these two weeks please find yourself and what you want. Spend time with friends and family and just be you"

"But I'm not me without you el" at this point Leah has tears in her eyes.

"I know you think that but just see, now come here"

I open my arms I can't stay mad at her, her blue eyes shining bright with the tears in her eyes. I open my legs and Leah stands in between them. I hold her tight my head above hers so I can give her head a kiss. We hug for what seems like hours but was only minutes but we lost ourselves in the moment. Leah leans back and looks at me and without thinking we kiss.

It's a kiss of longing and neediness our arms still wrapped around each other. Small moans escape it's a feeling I've wanted for a long time but I can't stop. I pull back from the kiss gently biting Leah's lip. We look into each other's eyes and just smile. It's like we're communicating but with no words. We know we can't do this and we won't but the thought of being without her for two weeks does actually hurt.

"Will you cuddle with me tonight"

"You mean in the sofa"

"No Leah I mean in bed I hate being in it without you"

With that I hear the giggle I have longed to hear.

"Yes"

"Good now I'm hungry and you need to feed your baby you fancy take out or you cooking"

"Oh Jesus I'm not cooking not unless you want food poisoning we will order out, what does my baby fancy"

"Erm I think"

"Not you I mean my baby" Leah sticks her tongue out at me.

"Baby fancies Greek food"

"Coming right up"

With that I head off to shower and change into my lounge wear and head to the sofa to join Leah. We sit and binge watch the walking dead waiting for the food.

"You still okay for the scan tomorrow?"

"I'll be right with you, I was thinking we need to tell people I mean you're not going to hide this for long" Leah says rubbing my belly.

"Tomorrow we will do it tomorrow before I leave"

Why is it tonight feels perfect, as perfect as it has felt in a long time. As the night draws on I feel myself getting tired and head to bed shortly followed by Leah. As I lay there I feel her lay in bed she's stiff as a bored that's when I start to giggle.

"What's so funny"

"Leah your lay like road bump why you so stiff I am still your wife and I know we're not in the best place but me and your baby want hugs"

With that I feel her scoot over to me her arm wrapping around my stomach and her other under my neck. The feel of her hot breath on me giving me goosebumps. I hear her soft breathing I know she's still awake as she's stroking the bump.

"I've missed you" I whisper

I know that she knows exactly what I mean and I know I shouldn't go there but I can't help and the hormones don't help either. I feel her hand stroke from my stomach down my thigh and feel her fingers inch their way under my shorts.

"I've missed you too" I hear her softly moan her arm that's around my neck pulling me closer. I turn my head and connect our lips. I've missed this and even though I know this is wrong it will always feel so right.

As her fingers hook under my shorts my legs fall apart I want her to see how she still makes me feel. Our kisses growing hungrier and more passionate. I feel her fingers stroke over my clit and through my wet folds when I hear her moan at the feeling.

Let's just say the night was memorable for us both.

The morning of the scan

The alarm sounds and I'm woken straight away Leah in the other hand still sound asleep. The thought of last night even though enjoyable I feel instant regret and I can't shake the feeling. I get up and showered and dressed ready for the scan.

"Leah get ready I'll make breakfast" I shout through to her I hear her get up groggy and moaning as usual. Leah isn't and never will be a morning person but she knows not to push me like she used too.

I played up some smashed avocado on sourdough with a poached egg and sit down. As I start to eat I feel Leah come up behind me. She kisses the top of my head

"This looks good"

"I know I made it now eat we're going to be late and I have a flight"

As soon as I say that Leah's face turns sour. I know she doesn't want me to go but I have to for work.

"Look Leah it's two weeks that's all and I'll be back and we will see where we're at but today we see our baby."

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I do love you el"

"And I love you le"

With that we finish up and head to the clinic. After a few hours and returning home for my luggage me and Leah post on our socials at the same time.

(Change date too December 2024)

Counting down the days till we meet the new addition to the Williamson family 💕