The song of all songs

Leah's PoV

It's been two weeks since the day that Ellie told Lia about us. I won't lie I'm glad it came out but I should have been the one to tell her and I'm annoyed at Ellie for that.

Me and Ellie had words the day after as we didn't want to interrupt the party anymore and Ellie decided it was better if she moved to her mums for a while. She was struggling with living in the house and I didn't blame her but she said she needed a little space from drama too.

I was hurt she's not here but she keeps me updated everyday on the twins. Me and Lia on the other hand have spoken. I explained it was what we weren't anything and that she needs to respect me more especially if it's in front of Ellie.
Lia was understanding and hurt of course but she knew that I was her girl and she didn't want to change that.

The new James Bond film came out yesterday and Ellie's song hit number one in the billboard charts almost instantly. I was so proud of her and her achievements and I couldn't wait for our kids to be as proud as I am.

It wasn't too long now and they would be here. I had their room decorated and ensured the house was as baby proof as possible. I bought all the necessary things and I was excited.

Training was this afternoon and all I wanted to do was chill this morning so I lay scrolling through social media I see Ellie's song everywhere people commenting and it's getting so much attention. I scroll through Ellie's instagram I love looking at old pictures and that's when I tap it but I don't mean too. Fuck.

Instantly I get a message.

"Hey stalker"

I can't help but smile and giggle.

"Liking my photos from before we even met"

This girl sends my stomach into over drive.

"Hey, didn't mean to click it but glad I did. How are you? How are the babies"

"The babies are as good as they were an hour ago le, I have a question for you actually"

"Shoot"

"I have a tv interview and I need someone to keep me company"

"I'll do it"

"Oh sorry le I was going to say will you ask Beth"

I roll my eyes.

"Joking"

I laugh

"Of course I'll come el just tell me when"

"I'll send you the details through soon. Now stop stalking me and have a good day"

I place my phone down and just lay there. I miss her.

Ellie's PoV

After I'd finished messaging Leah I headed for a long soak in the bath. It was still morning and I had no other plans than the ones later. I lay there the bubbles covering nearly all of me just the bump showing. I take a picture as it's so cute. I send it to Leah.

"When your bumps too big for the bath

"When your bumps too big for the bath. Remember you don't have to stalk me just ask for a picture 😜"

I sit and laugh to myself then I read through some emails. I finally get the confirmation of the interview and I send them to Leah.

"The cutest bump ever. I'll be there see you tomorrow"

I just smile me and Leah can't stay mad at each other for long and after the run in I had with Lia the other day we made up pretty much straight away. Me and Leah that is.

The police have been in regular contact and have informed me that they have found the people who robbed me. They are being charged for burglary and intent to cause harm, I ensured them I wouldn't be appearing in court and they agreed that with my current situation it would be best not too. I was starting to feel a lot easier about my life and what was going to happen when the babies arrived. There was just one thing niggling at me. Adele.

I managed to get her number from my friend and I decide today is the day to message her.

"Hey Adele it's Ellie, not heard from you since that day. Hope your okay"

I know I shouldn't be so caring after everything she did but I am who I am. Almost instantly I get a reply.

"Hey, I'm okay I'm sorry about what happened the other week I froze"

"Look Adele, I get it I'm sorry you seen me like that not my finest moment"

"Not funny Ellie"

"I know but I'm okay"

"The babies"

"The babies are fine. What did you come round for?"

"I'm sorry I should have said at the beginning of these messages. I missed you and I wanted to apologise properly"

"What happened happened and I've moved on and no should you. I'm still not ready to see you in person but when I am I'll let you know"

"Thanks Ellie"

And with that the conversation I had been dreading was over. The day went by relatively quickly I packed my bag for the interview as it would be back in London. Leah said she would meet me at the train station which I didn't mind as I'd bought myself a first class train ticket. My mother decided we would have a movie night and watch the new James Bond which I didn't want to watch if I'm honest. Not because my song was in it but because I just didn't like James Bond.

After the movie finished and my mother congratulated me for the 100th time we headed to bed. The tv playing in the background I hear the song. I smile whilst cuddling up to my pillow. That's when I hear the presenter say

"Could this be the song of the year"

__________________________________

Hey guys,

Bit of a filler chapter. Think this was six chapters in one day. Record.

More to come tomorrow.

Have a great night.

Keep the stars and follows coming.

Love always

J x