The babies are coming

Ellie's PoV

Today is the day that the babies are to be born. The day in a way I'm dreading as I have to have a section that I didn't want. I lay in bed cuddled with Leah. After yesterday and last night I feel blessed. Blessed to have such a woman who idolises everything I do, everything we do and knows how to show me the love she has for me. I look at the ring she gave me and I just can't help but smile. I draw circles on Leah's side and she starts to stir.

"Morning beautiful" she says kissing my head that's placed on her chest.

"Morning baby girl" I say kissing her chest softly.

"I'm scared Leah" I blurt out.

"I know baby but I've got you it's me and you no matter what."

I look up and our kisses connect.

"How did I get so lucky" I smile

"Oh I could say the same."

As I stand up Leah kneels in front of me as she always does to talk to the babies.

"Okay little ones so in a few hours we will be meeting you, me and mummy are scared but we will do everything in our power to protect and give you the life you both deserve. Now don't think you will have it easy oh no you will both be going to college"

I laugh at this.

"Ignore your mums laugh. But what ever you both do we will always love you. Now who's ready to meet their mummies"

With that they move and Leah feels it her eyes opened wide and she smiles at me.

"They know my voice they know me"

"Of course they do baby they know your their mummy"

I help Leah up and kiss her softly.

"Fancy helping me in the shower" I wink at her.

"Is that even a question" I giggle and walk with her.

The shower got steamier than usual let's put it that way. But it put my mind off my fears of today.

As we ponder before setting off the door goes. Me and Leah look at each other as we weren't expecting anyone but of course stood there was our parents, Jess and Alex and Beth and Viv.

"Hey guys" I hear Leah. And before anyone answers Beth runs past everyone like a kid and over to me. She knees at my belly.

"I'm so excited to see you both you don't understand, I've not slept. When your here we're going to have so much fun I'll teach you football and how to be funny not like you mamma Leah she's not funny."

"Oi" I hear Leah.

"Hey Beth" I say as she looks up.

"Sorry about here she really hasn't slept" Viv says coming over hugging me and pushing Beth aside.

"Hey el, sorry excited"

"Can tell" I say giving her a hug. Next up Jess and Alex and we just have a hug and that's all no one else is like Beth I think which causes me to giggle.

"Hey Amanda" I say she comes and hugs me tight.

"So today is the day"

"It is"

"Well I'm excited"

"Me too" I say I see my mum she can see right through me.

"Hey mum"

"Hey baby girl, come here" she pulls me into a hug and I instantly cry. Sob like I'd never sobbed before. Leah ushers everyone into the kitchen.

"What's the matter Ellie"

"I'm scared mum, what if I can't be the mum they need"

"You may not be but you're their mum and you will do everything you can to keep them safe, loved and happy I know you. You know I'm so proud right."

I nod.

"And your dad would be too, he will be looking down on you today"

I smile at her.

"I know mum I wish he was here"

"Me too baby girl me too but me and Amanda will be here and will be waiting for that phone call to meet our grand babies"

"I can't wait to see you with them mum"

"I know baby so chin up and let's get your wife it's nearly time to leave"

I wipe my eyes and head into the kitchen. I see Leah look at me and smile I smile back and wait for her to come to me.

"Sorry about that guys a little nervous" I laugh.

"Understandable I'd be shitting myself" Beth says to Viv then nudging her.

I just love how she is how she has no filter. "Thanks Beth for the visual" I laugh.

We say our goodbyes and I head to the car with Leah following with the bags. Once in the car I turn to Leah.

"Let's meet our babies" I smile taking her hand.

"Best day ever other than our wedding of course" she smiles.

As we approach the hospital I get even more nervous I try and calm myself down by meditating and listen to music. As we park Leah gets out and gets the bags and I follow her into the maternity unit.

"Mrs Williamson we've been expecting you this way" a lovely nurse directs us to a room.

"Okay so we will do some checks get you changed and then wait for our spot in theatre does that sound okay"

"Perfect"

I look at Leah. I hug her tight.

"You got this baby I'm with you every step of the way"

"Me and you Leah"

"Always"