The Blame

Ellie's PoV

I finish getting ready for the day I have a few interviews and photoshoots to do I go and meet Adele downstairs she's being moody.

"Hey babes what's up"

"Nothing Ellie don't worry, we have a busy day"

I look at her I've known her all my life and yet she can't speak to me. I just shrug my shoulders and get in the car. That's when I hear my phone beeping continuously. As I look at the screen it's Leah, I click the links.

"England captain and nations sweetheart Leah Williamson cheats on pregnant wife causing a secret divorce"

There's another

"Ellie Williamson asks for divorce from cheating wife. Heartbroken mother to be stressed and hiding in the US"

Then there is a message.

"Can you really trust fletcher"

My heart sinks. Fuck. How do people know about this.

I open my phone and forward them to fletcher.

"Please tell me this wasn't you" I send.

I look at Adele and pass her my phone. Tears start to stream down my face.

"Ellie who could do this?" She asks I just shake my head

"I don't know. I really don't know but I am scared what today will bring" I whisper a tear falling down my face.

My phone starts to ring and Adele passes is me it's fletcher.

"Ellie, what are these?"

"You tell me"

"Ellie I've been with you none stop you know it's not me, I would never it would hurt you too much but you know as-well it would look bad on me if it was me. I have always loved you Ellie I wouldn't ever hurt you."

"I'm sorry I know I just don't know who else it could be, I will speak to you later"

"Do you think it's fletcher" Adele asks me.

"No I don't if I'm honest"

"Really Ellie don't be so stupid" she snaps at me. This takes me by surprise. I just look at her. Why is she being like this.

The rest of the car journey Adele doesn't say anything but I do call Leah.

"Hey"

"Hey tell me it wasn't fletcher"

"It wasn't we've been together since I got here you know that, but Leah don't say a word. I'll figure this out please leave it with me. I've got you"

I hear her sobs down the phone it breaks my heart. This is a personal private matter not one for the world.

"Thank you el, love you"

"I'll always love you le, make sure you have someone with you tonight"

"I do I have Lia."

This should make me angry but it doesn't I feel happy she has someone to lean on.

"Good say hi for me. Baby loves you"

I hear a little giggle.

"I can't wait to see little one soon. Night el"

We end the call and I sit and stare out of the window.

As we head to the radio station I knew these news headlines would come up. I think to myself what I'm going to say and I know what I have to do.

Fast forward to interview

"Ellie it's good to have you with us, we love the new songs you have produced recently, will you be back singing soon"

"Thanks for having me, yes I'm working on an album currently whilst making songs for everyone else it seems" I laugh

"My baby is my priority at the minute and I can't go on tour pregnant I mean it's hard getting out of bed" I cause everyone to laugh.

"So are you working with anyone at the minute."

"I've currently been working with queen b herself but you will have to wait for that one, I'm working with fletcher again and after here im on my way to meet my dear friend Demi"

"Busy then and some big names, so I need to call out the elephant in the room"

"Okay not a nice way to speak to a pregnant woman" I laugh

"No.no.no I mean the news articles." I look at Adele who is live streaming this interview and I know Leah will be watching. Adele nods.

"Okay yes I seen them. I mean we all know being in the spot light nothing is ever private but because you asked so nicely I'll fill you in."

"Me and Leah Yes we are separated at the minute, the cause not just due to infidelity on Leah's part but on mine. I'm not hiding in the US I'm working, me and Leah are best friends and will continue to be we are about to be parents and we will always respect each other. That's all I have to say on that matter"

"Okay well thank you Ellie for being so open with us. And we look forward for what's to come with you" I smile and stand taking my phone from Adele.

"You took the blame, why"

It was Leah.

"Leah I have your back, I'll take all the back lash don't worry. No one needs to know I don't care on taking the blame I'll just use the excuse the old Ellie come out and fucked up. Now go to sleep you have training."

"Thank you Ellie"

"Always"

I put my phone away and get in the car.

"Why did you do that"

I look at Adele.

"Do what"

"Stick up for her?"

"Her? You mean Leah?" I watch her nod.

"Because I can and I'll always protect her"

"Your being stupid" I hear her mumble.

"Adele what's your fucking problem" I snap.

"Nothing"

I just can't believe her right now I mean what's gotten into her?

__________________________________

Hey lovely people,

Sorry for the slow update, holiday and a bereavement but I'm back and raring to go.

Sorry for the shorter update but it will be better.

What do we think of Adele? What's happening with her?

Love always

J x