An old face returns

Ellie's PoV

Things with me and Leah have been amazing it's been almost a week since the accident and I couldn't have been any happier than I am right now. We decided it was time that we moved back in together, I mean it's only right as we're married and even though we are still getting used to things again it just feels right.

We decided on Leah's house as I don't think I could live next door anymore due to the bad memories from previous. I had been in touch with an architect as we decided that due to us owning the land it would be nice to join both houses into one big house. Our dream house with the white picket fence.

The plans had been drawn up and I loved the input we were able to put towards it. We were reassured that we could still live in Leah's house whilst building commenced and that we would only have to move out once they join this with the new one.

This excited me and Leah as it finally felt like we were being us again, a team, a force to be reckoned with.

I had not long got off the phone with the interior designer when my phone alerted me that there was someone at the gate. Terror resigned in me please tell me this isn't happening again I'm alone and I'm scared. But as soon as I open the phone app I see her. She's back. Adele.

I let the front gates open and wait at the front door. I watch as she pulls her car up and gets out.

"You sure know how to make a surprise visit happen" I laugh

"Well you know me full of surprises"

I laugh "I know all too well"

I hug her softly a brief hug like a hug with a stranger. I invite her in and we sit down.

"So what can I do for you Adele" I ask in a kind of sassy way.

"Erm I wanted to see you I read about your accident and I just wanted to make sure you were okay"

"Bullshit"

"What"

"Adele I know you that's not just the reason so just spill"

"Okay when I can to your house the other week it was to say sorry. But I froze I froze when I seen you in the state you were in. I just couldn't do it. So today is the day."

"Okay"

"Okay...so Ellie I'm sorry I'm sorry for ruining our friendship, I'm sorry for selling the articles behind you back"

"Just behind my back?" I question.

"No im sorry for everything im sorry i even did it. I know i betrayed you big time. But the truth was yes im in love with you and there's nothing that's going to change that I know in time it will fade and I am truly happy about you and Leah. I was struggling with money. That's was the end all and be all of it."

"But you could have just asked me for some"

"What and be like a scavenger"

"Better than a backstabber"

"Okay I deserve that. Yes I should of but I didn't"

"Okay so tell me truthfully how are you financially now?"

"I'm back on track, I have a new job, a new flat and I'm happy"

"Then I guess it all worked out for you"

"Not all of it I still lost you"

"Adele look. What you did was messed up like messed up big time, you exposed mine and Leah's issues to the world. For money. You betrayed my trust you betrayed the friendship we had had since we were in nursery. I trusted you with my life and you threw that away. Do I hate you?"

I take a breath.

"No. Did I hate you...yes but you know me Adele I don't live my life full of hate. But I will tell you this. I'm happy now, I have friends, best friends even. I have family who love me I have an amazing wife and I'm expecting two gorgeous babies. I'm happy and I'm content and even though I accept your apology. I don't have room for you in my life any more"

I watch as tears fall from Adele's eyes.

"I'm sorry Adele but that's the truth."

"I understand, thank you for hearing me out and I wish you all the luck in the future"

"Thanks Adele you too"

With that I hug her a goodbye hug and walk her to the door. As it opens Leah is stood there. Her face like thunder.

Leah's PoV

I finish up at a photo shoot I had today for Calvin Klein, it was when I was just about to set off home I see a notification on the front gate I watch and see Adele. My blood boils and I know I need to get home. I try and ring el but there isn't any answer. My mind a blank and of course there is traffic. At the best of times I'm not a calm driver but today there is no calm.

After around twenty minutes I pull up on the drive and race round the car to the door. As I'm about to open it, it opens and there stood in front of me Is Adele. Anger Seethes from me. I know el can tell.

"Sorry I was just leaving"

"Yeah you better had do" I just can't help myself. As she passes me I pass Ellie needing to calm down.

"Okay so let's address the elephant in the room"

"What was that about el?"

"What do you mean"

"I seen her turn up, you didn't answer your phone. What was she here for el"

"Okay so I'm going to say one thing, think about what you say next Leah"

I watch Ellie as she walks past me and into the kitchen to grab a water for us both out of the fridge. I take a few deep breaths and follow her in.

"You calmed down now"

"Yes sorry it's just"

"It's just nothing Leah". Ellie's walks towards me and puts her arms around my neck.

"It's nothing because she means nothing to me. You on the other hand mean everything to me. She's irrelevant and she knows that. If you must know I cut ties with her Leah, I told her I wanted nothing more to do with her."

"You sure"

"More than sure I don't need negativity in my life I have everything I want and more"