New house

Ellie's PoV

It's been a week since me and Leah went to see the new houses, thankfully buying a house out right is a lot easier than going through the mortgage process and with the funds I am blessed to do that.

It's been a week since fletcher got here and I know this wasn't in our plans but she has been a god send and I'm thankful she has been such a big help.

Throughout the week I've packed up Leah's house with the help of fletcher my mum and Amanda seeming as Leah and Lia have been away on international camp. I look round the house that me and Leah purchased together our forever home as we would say but that didn't work out. It makes me sad, sad that we're leaving the memories behind and sad that we are going to be living separate. As I am about to have a second look around to make sure nothing is left behind whilst fletcher my mum and Amanda wait in the car I feel arms wrap around my waist.

Blissfully and unaware I lean my head back thinking it's fletcher but to my surprise it's not.

"How much has changed in the past year"

"Leah" I whisper a tear in my eye.

"I'm going to miss this place you know"

"Me too" I turn around and hug Leah tight.

"On to new things though right?" I say our heads pressed against each other.

"Right" is all she whispers back.

I miss this. I miss feeling like I'm home and I've only ever felt that with Leah.

"We should get going, this isn't our house anymore and I don't want to get jailed for trespassing as pregnant as I am" I joke.

Leah laughs softly. "Let's go"

With that we close that chapter. Closing the door and posting the keys we head down to the cars.

"When did you get back" I ask

"Just now"

"Always knew you hated hard labour sure you just said you had work to get out of packing"

I wink at Leah seeing a small blush appear on her cheeks and that cheeky grin she does. I've still got it.

Leah's PoV

I've been away this last week at international camp and I knew the move was this week but it's something I couldn't get out of. I enlisted our parents to help and I knew fletcher would be there. But I hated that I wasn't.

As soon as I could leave SGP I drove as fast as I could to the house hoping to not miss them.

"Hey Leah" Fletcher greets me as I get out the car.

"Hey all done?"

"Yes just waiting for Ellie she's in side doing one last check" my mother says.

"Okay I'll be a minute"

I walk inside I know where Ellie will be and I head straight to our kitchen and as I though there she was. Even pregnant and facing away she still took my breath away. Looking out of the bifold doors overlooking the fields behind I walk up quietly and wrap my arms around her holding her belly. Her head falls back on my shoulder and I feel her instantly relax.

"How much has changed in the past year" I say softly my head leaning against her shoulder".

"Leah" she whispers I see a small tear in her eye. She thought I'd miss this moment but not in a million years would I.

I spin her to face me our heads against each other. I got you Ellie I always will I think to myself.

We chat for a little bit. This is not what I seen for my future and my heart feels heavy.

We look around quickly before we leave posting the keys through the door. How could I be so stupid to cause this.

We head to the cars and Ellie jumps in hers with fletcher. My mother in hers with Ellie's mum and me alone.

As we drive I watch the world go by I don't even think I recall the drive at all. My head swirling with regret but I have to put that behind me. I'm starting fresh with Lia. A new house, next to Ellie, I'll see her every day. What else could I want.

I want her.

Ellie's PoV

As we pull up at the house I sigh a heavy sigh I feel anxious and I know fletcher can tell. Me and fletcher are just hooking up. We aren't a thing we friends with benefits you could say. Does she make me happy yes. Could I see myself with her, yes but right now she knows that won't happen and we're enjoying time together.

"You good"

"Just nervous big house all to myself"

"You got me for another week or two"

I smile at her kind words.

As I step out I see my mother face.

"Your baby girl done well right?"

She laughs

"I'm so proud of you Ellie" she hugs me tight.

"Let's go see the house" she says.

I walk towards the house that's when I see Leah her and her mum walking to her house. Our eyes catch. I smile and wink at her. She winks back. My heart breaks.