Just a mistake

Ellie's PoV

As I lay there still stuck in the seat belt the car lay on its side I manage to hit the stop button to turn the car off. I can hear passing cars I can hear people shouting but I'm froze I can't do anything. As I press the sos button on my car I hear a voice it's the emergency service call centre.

"999 what's the matter of your emergency"

"I....i....im......stuck"

"Sorry madam did you say your stuck"

"Yes....crash"

I feel like the wind is being blown out of me and I think it could be the way the babies are lying but I can't be sure.

"Okay madam I have tracked your cars gps and I'm sending an ambulance and police right away. But I'm going to stay with you ask you some questions"

I listen and if I'm honest I don't want to answer any questions. I just want to get out of this fucking car. I want Leah.

"Okay to start what is your name"

"El...Ellie"

"Okay Ellie what is your last name"

Is this woman for real right now

"Ellie williamson"

"Omg it can't be" I hear her whisper I'm guessing to her colleague I roll my eyes for fuck sake why can't I talk to someone who doesn't know me.

"Okay Ellie I believe your pregnant is that right"

"Yes"

"Okay do you feel your babies"

That's when it hits me I don't feel them. I tap my belly in the spots that would set them off kicking. Nothing.

"No" I manage to say through my tears.

"Help them please" I beg her.

"We will help all we can Ellie the services will be with you soon."

"Are you alone"

"Yes"

"Okay well tell me what hurts"

"My back....my head...."

"Okay stay as still as you can for me"

I do as I'm told and that's when I hear a man's voice.

"Ellie this is officer gibson I'm here with the ambulance crew we are going to get you out as soon as possible. Now I want you to remain as still as possible"

"Okay" I say then I feel the car move a little. I see a face a kind face appear.

"Hi Ellie my name is Isla I'm the senior paramedic on today and thankfully for you I'm all yours for this evening" the Middle Aged lady smiles at me.

"Okay so if you can I need you to be brave. I'm going to take some observations quickly before we get this car moving. Youve done a number on it haven't you it's a total wreck" she smiles I know she's trying to make me laugh.

"Someone hit me"

"Well I think they need to be punished don't you" I just nod.

I watch her as she puts in a cannula, she takes blood at the same time. She feels around my body asking if anything's sore. She can see it's my back and head when I wince. She feels my stomach and then listens through her stethoscope.

"Do you hear them"

I can tell from her face she can't.

"Please....please tell me they're okay"