The Regret

Ellie's PoV

Just like that I said it. Divorce. I watched Leah's face crumble and I felt like I'd blown up her whole world. We ended the phone call and I lay back on the bed. Fuck. Did I do the right thing? My heart is broken but I couldn't live with myself letting Leah live a lie. A lie that she wasn't truly happy. Now I didn't know how long it took to get a divorce but even though I said it I wasn't in a race to put in the papers. Selfish some may say but I couldn't.

I call my mother on the way down to Adele at the entrance and even though she knows everything that's been happening I tell her I asked for a divorce. Silence. I was met with utter silence.

"Ellie baby are you sure I mean, it's you and Leah"

"Yes mum like I said we are meant to be and if that means we will be us again in the future then that will be but right now I can't hold her back mum"

"I understand, this is a really grown up decision you have made and....im proud"

A sigh of relief edits my mouth.

"Thanks mum look I know I woke you at god know what time but I didn't want you hearing it any other way. I'm going to a meeting with a clothing brand so I'll speak later. I love you mum"

"I love you Ellie and bump"

I smile as I put the phone down. A fake smile hiding the hurt the regret that I said it and I know I'll always regret saying it to Leah but I have to put my hurt aside for her happiness and I'll always do that.

"What too you so long"

I roll my eyes Adele always the actress I wasn't even that long.

"I'm here now aren't I" I say as I walk out the building and into the waiting car.

"So what is going to happen today is, we have a meeting with khloe Kardashian and kris Jenner about a new maternity range for her jeans brand"

"I'm getting a divorce" I blurt out. Adele slams shut the case of her iPad and looks at me.

"Oh Ellie I'm so sorry" as she tries to pull me in for a hug I pull away.

"I'm fine don't make a scene please I'll cry"

With that Adele understands and goes back to the itinerary for the day. I stare aimlessly out of the window not really listening. I pick my phone up.

"I need to see you tonight, I need an ear to listen to me"

"I'll be there, x"

I smile as she will be coming later, fletcher seems to be my shoulder to cry on at the minute. But is that all it is?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Leah's PoV

The phone goes down and I just break down. Divorce. She really said divorce I mean we just got married. I fucked this up. I jump out of bed and look at the time 3:30am I need my mum is all I think.

Before I know it I'm at my mums house. I had phoned her on the way here. She was waiting at the door.

"Baby what's happening?"

"Mum....she wants a divorce"

"Oh love come in"

I sit in the couch tears streaming down my face. My mother wrapping me in a hug.

"Tell me everything"

With that I do. I tell her how Ellie wants me to be happy and can see that I'm not. She thinks there is something with me and Lia but at the minute I'm unsure on. I tell her that she said we are two souls that are to be aligned but this minute is not now. Words just flow and I tell her everything through sobs.

"I think that's a brave decision from her Leah"

These words shock me.

"What?" I shout

"Leah, you're not all in it with her and haven't been for a while. she's carrying your baby but all you care about is yourself. I know that sounds harsh but she's the grown up out of you both. She's done nothing but be supportive Leah even after you cheated. She took on counselling but yet four days into your break your cuddled up to Lia. You know I'll support you in everything you do Leah but right now Ellie is right. Focus on you for a while get what ever this is out of your system but don't string that poor girl along."

"But she's having my baby"

"Yes she is and she will not hold that against you. You're her world Leah but she's just not yours. That girl stopped her career to have a life with you, she won't take it away from you trust me on that"

And with that I had been truly told by my mother. But I knew that every word she said was the truth and I had been selfish and childish. I need to take Ellie's advice and be me for a while but I know one thing. I'll never leave her side whilst she's pregnant.

Later that day

Training went by and I won't lie my form was affected. I did shit. Everyone noticed and I had to tell management what was happening. I told a few of the girls and they all rallied round me. Lia didn't leave my side and I liked her company.

"Hey baby, hope you had an exciting day with mum, can't wait to hear your heart beat when you're back. Miss you"

I send it to Ellie and quickly receive one back.

"Mummy took me to a meeting, I'm going to be a ceo when I'm older, making a change like you and mummy. You will hear my heart beat soon. I miss you. Mum says hi"

I smile at the last part and I know that things will be fine with me and el.

__________________________________

Okay guys,

So a lot happening and a lot more to come.

I am on holiday for a week now I'll try to update but it may be slow.

Hope your all well

Love always

J x