Day Four

Ellie's PoV

I wake up cuddled in the arms of fletcher. Still in the same position I was when we had finished talking about me and Leah. I look up and see fletcher is still asleep. I slowly slip from her embrace as I need a wee, more now I'm pregnant than I ever have. As I exit the bathroom I see fletcher sat up.

"Morning beautiful I thought you had left me in your room" she winks at me and god the butterflies I feel are ridiculous.

"Oh no I wouldn't leave you here I mean I want a good look at you trying to escape unseen by the paps" I giggle.

"Oh shit, I forgot I'm famous" she acts shocked.

I walk over to her and playfully hit her before I sit next to her.

"Your so silly"

"Only around you, it's only ever been you Ellie you know that right" this takes me back I feel like I'm walking into unknown territory and a place I shouldn't be.

"Fletcher you can't say that"

"Ellie you know it's true. I should have fought for you I should never have let you married her"

"But I wanted to marry her she is my life fletcher I know she is I just don't know if right now we're meant to be"

As I say this it hurts so much but I know it's the truth maybe our paths have crossed at the wrong time.

"But right now I just need a friend in you fletcher if you will agree"

"Of course I'll never lose you even if it means loving you from a far"

I smile and hug her close. I can hear her heart beating she really is the purest sole but I know I need to speak with Leah.

Fletcher left an hour later as I had meetings with a clothing brand as they wanted me to help them with a maternity line. I sat in my room on the sofa eating a bowl of cereal I ordered and some toast. My mind spinning out of control. I needed to see Leah and I know Dr Karen told us we couldn't but I needed to see her. It's been four days into this break but I think this has to be the break. For now.

I open my phone up and see I've got a message from Katie.

"Hey beaut, just letting you know Leah had dinner at lia's tonight. I don't think anything is happening but with their last post I needed to give you the heads up."

I look as quickly as possible at Leah's instagram and there it is them cuddled and the caption just saying best friend I can see how happy Leah is. I need to rip the band aid off I need to address this to Leah.

"Leah I know it's late there and you don't have to worry baby is good but I need to speak with you, el x"

I hit send and get ready I tell Adele I'll meet her downstairs in an hour that's when I hear my phone ringing.

I see a face time and it's Leah.

"Hey el you okay?" She says panicked

"The baby is good before you worry I've eaten so so has bubs. Look I know Dr Karen said we can't speak but I think we need too."

"Okay about what"

"Leah I know about you and Lia"

The shock on Leah's face is a picture.

"El there is nothing going on we're friends best friends"

"Yet"

"What"

"There is nothing going on yet."

"El"

"No leah listen to me. I see the way you look at her the way you smile around her the way you have soft eyes when I mention her name. I'm not mad Leah I promise. I would never want to make you live a lie and right now we're telling the biggest lie"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Leah's PoV

I awake to a message a message sent from Ellie. I read it first and then have to re read it as it's 2am here.

"Leah I know it's late there and you don't have to worry baby is good but I need to speak with you, el x"

I sit up and instantly face time Ellie. I smile when I see her face she looks like she's glowing.

But as soon as she talks I feel sick. I know I shouldn't feel like this but I think I know what's coming.

"No leah listen to me. I see the way you look at her the way you smile around her the way you have soft eyes when I mention her name. I'm not mad Leah I promise. I would never want to make you live a lie and right now we're telling the biggest lie"

"What do you mean we're telling a lie"

"We're telling people we are happily married when we're not. The day we got married Leah was the best day of my life I have no regrets with you. The only thing I regret is not letting you be happy to the full potential."

"Ellie no, we are happy"

"Le I said once before don't lie and I can tell when you are. Me and you are two souls that belong together but right now our worlds done align. I'm happy you're exploring your relationships with people but please be mindful of my feelings and emotions Leah."

"I'm sorry Ellie but there isn't anything with Lia I promise"

"For now Leah I know there isn't but you know there will be and I want you to explore that."

Tears flooding my face I can't comprehend what's happening right now.

"I seen fletcher yesterday...and before you say anything no nothing happened but I felt safe to talk to her about us as you have with Lia"

I feel like a knife has gone through my heart. Fletcher of all people. Before I can speak Ellie starts talking.

"Leah I love you and me and you will co parent but I think we need to stop this break we're having and I think we need to really think about"

"About what Ellie"

"Getting a divorce"