Im to blame

Leah's PoV

It's been a week since I sat down with el and I won't lie it's been hard but I guess I have to put in the effort with Lia. We have been none stop training as we have a huge game against Chelsea today and we needed to be ready.

"Hi mum are you still coming today" I ask over our phone call.

"Leah I wouldn't miss it for the world your dad and Jacob will be there aswell"

"Good is el coming do you know I've not spoke with her and I know you and your doting grandma ways I'm guessing you have"

"I spoke with her last night and yes she's coming you know she never misses your games"

"I know anyway I best get going picking Lia up on the way to get the coach"

"Okay say hi from me and I'll pick Ellie up good luck you will do amazing as always"

"Thanks mum"

I can't help but smile my mother always calming me down knowing what to say.

As I sit in my car outside lias house I watch her as she walks to me.

"Morning beautiful"

"Morning sweetness"

"You good Leah"

"Yeah better now" I smile a fake smile at least but it's there.

As I set off I play my songs when I feel Lias hand resting on my leg. I smile her thumb stroking my thigh.

"Nervous"

"Lia you don't understand how much"

"Your going to do great stop it, they wouldn't give you the arm band if they didn't think you could take Kim's place whilst she's out"

"I know just nerves you know"

"I know I got you something"

As I'm stopped at the traffic lights I watch Lia go into her bag and get me a ham sandwich from Tesco out. My pre match food and my ritual as everyone now knows.

"Thanks" I say leaning over giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Got your back" she says and that's what I hope for but maybe I'm wrong.

Ellie's PoV

It's game day and a big day for arsenal it's the final and there against Chelsea, now I know that when I first met Leah I wasn't a football fan but over the years I got into it and of course I support arsenal. I put on my arsenal top with Williamson and the number 6 on the back over my hoody, my bump making it look a little tight but that's pregnancy.

Amanda arrived to pick me up and we sit in the car and head to the match. I'm nervous over not seen Leah since the last time we spoke and I told her I didn't share. Leah and Lia have been trying to make things work since and I'm happy for her. Gutted but happy.

I've spoke with fletcher on and off and we decided to see what happens but if I'm honest my heart isn't in it.

"So you spoke with Leah?"

"This morning, she's nervous and wasn't sure you would be making an appearance"

"She really thinks I'd miss a match when have I ever other than when touring"

"That's what I said it's like she doesn't know you"

"You'd think that wouldn't you"

"What happened Ellie"

"What do you mean"

"Like what happened between you and Leah recently you live next door to each other but don't talk. Your having her babies and she knows better but I sense there is something"