51

All our stuff was packed up and ready by the next morning. We put all our suitcases in the car and waited for everyone to get ready for the water park. I was wearing my favorite bathing suit. It was pink and had ruffles. I put jean shorts and a light shirt over it. My brothers were wearing their swim trunks with shirts. Mom made sure we were all wearing sunscreen.

Me and my three cousins rode with my aunt and uncle while my brothers rode with my parents.  

My parent's car was following behind ours and when I turned around to look at them I saw Kade waving from the front seat. He probably convinced my mom to sit in the back. I wave back and he laughs. 

It takes us thirty minutes to get to the water park. The place is huge. I can see the tops of water slides from the parking lot and I can hear people screaming and laughing. We came early but the place already seemed to be crowded. After packing the car we meet up and headed to the entrance. Kade's talking about how he's going to try to ride all the rides. After they let us pass all of us went off running in different directions except the parents who walked to the bar area.

Mollie ends up following behind me as I head to the largest water slide in the entire park. I just wanted to try it once after that I planned on joining Miles in whatever he was doing so he had someone to hang out with. I had to push through so many people to get there and then there was the longest line in the world and I was afraid that I'd spend all my time waiting in it. When I finally got up there I saw Martin was two people ahead of us. 

Mollie and I got his attention and he waved at us before motioning down to the slide and yelling over the loud people and water that Kade just went down and was screaming like a monkey. 

Martin went down soon after and I didn't hear a noise come from him, maybe he wasn't scared or maybe it was because the water was too loud. Now that I was getting closer to going I suddenly didn't want to do it anymore. It was high up and scary questions started running through my head.

Is it safe? What if I die? What if I drown when I hit the pool? What if I forget how to swim?

Suddenly I felt someone pushing me forward which brought me out of my thoughts. I looked back and saw Mollie and even though she was right next to me I couldn't understand what she was saying. 

I slowly sat down and looked up at the lifeguard who gave me a thumbs up and nodded his head, telling me to go.

I nodded back and looked down at what looked like a black hole. I pushed off and shut my eyes tightly. 

I felt like I was going a million miles per hour. It was so fast and the slide was so slippery. I was thrown this way and that way until I flew out and was high up in the air before landing in the middle of the pool. 

It hurt so bad and when I opened my eyes there were bubbles all around me. I quickly swam to the surface and climbed out of the pool. I'm never doing that again.

"Yo, Hazel!" I looked up and saw Kade and Martin waving at me- well Kade was waving and Martin was laughing.

I walked over to them and hugged Kade tightly. He patted my back and let out a small chuckle. "Were you that scared? I thought it was awesome."

"You loser! That was so funny, the way you flew out was the best part. I got it on video. You screamed the whole way down." Martin said between laughs.

I roll my eyes and let go of Kade. "Whatever. I'm gonna go find Miles and hang out with him."

Just as I say that Mollie comes flying out of the slide, screaming with excitement. Much different from my scream of terror.

I tell her where I'm going and she decides to stay with Martin and Kade so she can ride all the big scary rides.