37

>LANE'S POV<

When the bell rings I rush out of the classroom. I have to get to my car before Kade does, he always scratches the paint on my car off with his house keys. He's so annoying.

I end up making it there at the same time he does and I'm able to distract him with a lolly pop. While we wait there for the others to come Kade decides to start talking to me.

"Hey, I can't open this lolly pop." He complains, as he tries to bite the wrapper off.

"Too bad." I say, pulling out my phone to show him I'm busy

"Too bad you can't either." He smirks before muttering, "Noddle arms."

I turn to him and glare. "I could open it if I wanted to."

"Mhm, sure." He say with a laugh

I garb it from him angrily and ripe the wrapper apart, ignoring the slobber on it. Kade laughs and takes the lolly pop from me. "Thanks bro, you can keep the wrapper."

I grumble. "I don't want your stupid wrapper."

"Technically, it's yours." He says pinching his nose so his voice sound different

I throw the wrapper at him before sanitizing my hands. Kade loudly eats his lolly pop smiling like a little kid.

"Hey can I borrow your phone?" He asks

"Why?"

"I want to take a picture of my lolly pop before I finish it." He says like that's normal

"Use your own phone." I say

"I left it at home. Pleaseee." He begs 

I sigh and hand him my phone. "This is ridiculous."

"You're ridiculous." He retorts

I pull up camera and watch Kade as he tries to get the perfect angle for his stunning picture of a stupid lolly pop.

"Ugh, it's not bright enough in here." He complains

"Then step outside." I say slowly like I'm talking to a toddler

"Good idea." He gets up and insist that I come with him to hold his lolly pop.

"I need both hand to take a good picture." He tells me

I roll my eyes but hold the lolly pop away from my body. "This good?"

"Yeah, oh wait it says you got a text from Martin." He says

"I'll read it after you take the picture, just hurry up." I say

"Okay, 3, 2, 1, and- ahh." He jumps and throws my phone to the ground

I stare in utter shock as the screen shatters on the sidewalk. Kade looks down at it before looking at me. "Opps."

I finally look up from my phone and at him. I glare and drop his lolly pop on the sidewalk before stomping on it angrily. I look at him with an innocent look before tilting my head a little and saying, "Opps." just like he told me.

As if he should be the one angry, Kade pounces on me screaming about how I should have let him get one more lick before destroying it.

"You ruined my happiness!" He shouts 

Beck and Miles end up coming soon and pulling Kade off of me. "What the hell is going on?" Miles asks as Beck holds his twin back from trying to rip off my face again.

"This dumbass broke my phone!" I say as I point to the scattered mess on the floor.

"He killed my lolly pop!" Kade says

Beck rolls his eyes. "Both of you just get over it and hug or something."

"I'm not hugging the candy killer." Kade says

"And I'm not hugging the phone smasher." I say

"You guys are so embarrassing, can we go now?" Miles says as he looks around at the people staring at us.

"Fine." I say 

We all get in the car but this time Kade doesn't take the passenger seat in the front where he usually sits, instead he sits in between Miles and Beck.

When I look back at him he sticks his tongue out in a childish way. I scoff, "I didn't want to sit by you anyway." 

The whole drive home Kade is glaring at me, I don't mind though it's kind of funny to see him so upset over a lolly pop. The only thing I'm mad about is the fact that he decided to throw my phone on the floor for no reason, I don't know when I'm going to get a one.

The asshole probably did it on purpose, he's dumb but not that dumb. At least I hope so.

After we pull into the driveway and I turn off the car we all head inside. 

"Would you both shut up already?" Beck asks annoyed at me and Kade bickering

"I'll be the bigger person and stay quiet." I say

"Well I'll be the smaller person then." Kade says

"Typical you." I mumble

"I thought you said you would shut up!" Kade says

"Make me." I say in a childish tone, "Just because I'm older doesn't mean I have to be the bigger person so I won't. I'm gonna keep talking if you keep talking."

Beck and Miles groan loudly at this. Kade continues running his stupid mouth and I do the same. That is until we get to the kitchen. All four of us go there every day after school. It's like a routine.

Every day after dropping Hazel off at karate, we would head home and spend some time just searching through the kitchen for food. Cole and Martin aren't home most of the time so it's just us.

Today it looks like Cole was baking. He must have left all the cookies on the table for us to eat, they smell wonderful.

"My favorite." Kade gasps in awe as he walks over to the monster cookies and shoves one in his mouth.

The rest of us hang back a little and let Kade finish his first cookie so we can blame it on him if we weren't suppose to eat them. 

"Is the little baby happy now?" I mock

Kade nods and takes another cookie. "Very happy."

"Whatever, I'm done waiting." Beck says. He join his twin and begins eating his own cookie.

Soon me and Miles join and before we know it all the monster cookies are gone. Kade frowns. "I really liked those cookies."

We all murmur in agreement. "What about those ones." Miles says, pointing to the other types of cookies on the table.

"Ooo." Kade says and starts to go for one but I hold his hand back.

"What?" He asks impatiently

"Those are chocolate hazelnut thumbprint cookies." I say

"So?" Kade asks 

I swear he's the dumbest person in the world.

"Where's Hazel? If she were here half of those cookies would be gone by now." Miles says what I'm thinking

Beck scoffs. "I knew she wasn't sick. She was just fooling us so she could stay home. She's probably out shopping with Cole."

Miles hums in a question way and pulls out his phone. "Let's just double check."

We all gather around and Miles puts his phone on speaker. We listen silently to the rings on the phone until Cole picks up.

"Hey Miles." He says nervously

"Hi, uh- is Hazel with you?" He asks

Cole doesn't answer for a bit and we all scrunch up our faces, somethings wrong.

"Well, right now she's in surgery but she should be done in a few hours." He tries to say casually

Our eyes widen. "What!?"