34

Whenever it's someone's birthday in the house mom pulls out our photo album. It has lots of funny and wholesum pictures of me and my brothers when we were younger.

Things like Lane pushing me on the swing, Cole teaching me how to ice a cookie, Miles hugging me, Kade and me eating all the cookies from the cookie jar, Beck with me on his back playing in the pool, and Martin tucking me in at night.

Mom always says that my brothers would do anything for me when I was younger. That doesn't apply anymore.

My brothers now, especially Beck and Martin most of the time can't stand me. They only help me because they feel bad, or they want a favor in return, or if mom tells them to.

Miles, Cole, and Lane are only nice to me if they're in a good mood. If they're not they make my life a living hell.

If I need help I usually go to Cole but since he's not here now I have to resort to my other options.

I'm in the lunch room wandering around like a lost puppy having no place to go.  

Yesterday was the last day Miles allowed me to sit at his table. He said he couldn't anymore because his friends said that they want someone else to sit there and apparently in his words "chicks weren't diggin' it".

I told him it was fine and I understood (even though I didn't) but now I'm wishing I would've ran to mom and bawled my eyes out until Miles was forced to let me sit at his table.

When I spot Lane walking in I rush to him. "Can I sit with you?"

"Sorry, our table's full. Maybe next time. Ask Beck." He says

I sigh and walk to Kade's table. The last person I want to ask is Beck, Kade is the much more likable twin. Everyone knows that.

Kade's sitting at his table and laughing with his friends. Beside him, is Emily and while she talks to someone he steals fries off her plate.

I walk up and tap Kade on the back which makes him jump. He turns around and looks surprised as if I've never approached him in school.

"You good?"

"Are you?"

"Maybe, what do you need?"

"Can I please sit here?" I ask

Emily turns around and waves at me which I do back. Kade shrugs his shoulders. "Sorry kid, this table's for cool, older kids only."

"She can have my spot." Emily says starting to get up

"No. She can't. Hazel, go find another place to sit. Go sit with your friends. You're not that lonely right?"

I nod and smile. "Right."

Kade claps me on the back and cheers. "Go get 'em camp."

Emily laughs but gives me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry Hazel."

"It's okay, I'll find somewhere eventually." I say

"That's the spirit." Kade says

I turn around and start walking to my final and last choice. Beck.

I make my way through the crowd and only bump into one person which happens to be Sam.

"Hey Hazel." He greets

"Hi." I say

"Where're you going?" He asks

"I'm trying to find a table to sit at." I say

"Good luck with that. This place is crowded." He says

"Do you happen to have a seat open at your table?" I ask