36

Last night I was very restless, I barely slept at all. Throughout the night my stomach had been killing me. It was the most uncomfortable I've ever been.

I haven't felt my best all week. At first when it started I thought I was just really sore from karate. 

It happens every year, when the competition starts coming up and I start practicing more. I usually get more sore because I push myself harder but something's different about this. It's never lasted this long or felt this bad.

Before I tried to go to sleep I took a warm shower but that only made me feel worse. I didn't want to bother anyone for nonsense so I just put up with it. There was one point in the night where I felt so bad that I called my mom in tears and she actually answered.

"Does it hurt really bad?" My mom asked concerned

I nod and wipe my tears away. "Yes."

"Maybe you have food poisoning." My mom suggested

I shake my head in disagreement.

"Why don't you drink some water, it'll help you feel better." She said

"Okay, goodnight." I said waving at her like she could see me

"Goodnight sweetie. Try to get some sleep, in the morning if you don't feel better then you can stay home."

After our conversation I headed down to the kitchen to get water and that's when I ran into Beck. It was quite obvious that he had snuck out.

"What're you doing!?" I whisper shout at him

"Shh." He says as he walks closer to me

"Where did you go?" I ask

"None of your business." He says. He opens the fridge and grabs a soda.

"If you don't tell me, I'm going to scream." I say

"Oh my god, you're so anoying. You're actually the worst sister ever." He groans

I frown at his words but hold my ground. "You gonna tell me or..."

He sighs. "You have to promise that you'll keep this a secret until I'm 21."

I raise an eyebrow. "Why? What'd you do?"

He takes a sharp breath through his teeth and rubs his hands together. "Promise Hazel."

"Okay, whatever just hurry up and speak so I can get my water." I wince as I hold the part of my stomach that hurts.

"Are you okay?" Beck asks bluntly, it sounds like he doesn't care almost like it's an instinct or reflex to say it.

"Mhm. Now tell me." I say

"I... got a tattoo." He says slowly

My eyes widened. "No you didn't."

"I did." He says

He turns on the light and moves his shirt to the side a little and shows his new tattoo. It's still red because it's new. The tattoo is a small guitar made of music notes and under it in fancy handwriting it says 'music from the heart'.

"Wow." I say gently moving my hand on it. "It's real."

"Of course it is. Why would I lie about this?" Beck scoffs

"How are you going to keep this a secret?" I ask

"I'll figure out something. You're not going to tell right?" He glances at me over his shoulder

"As far as we both know, I was never here." I say

He nods. "Alright."

After getting my water I head up stairs but Beck stays down stairs to 'quietly' talk to Vicky on the phone. The pain goes away for a little after I drink the water but it soon comes back resulting in my having the worst night ever.