13

"Great job today guys, see you tomorrow." Ed says

"Later." John says

Me and Mia wave and head our separate ways. I walk down the street heading to a cafe. I've been there once or twice and it's a quiet, peaceful place, making it great for studying. Plus they have food and the best part about it is no brothers.

I already called my mom to tell her where I was and she said she would text Martin - because he's in charge - for my brothers not to worry.

Sam and I decided that it would be better to meet up at a cafe because of my brothers. I don't think it would be helpful if we had six different people interrupting us every two minutes. They'd probably just stare Sam down.

As I enter the cafe, I smell the wonderfulness of the air when I breathe in. The small sound of jazz music is playing in the background. I look around and my eyes stop when they land on Sam.

He's sitting in a booth, looking over his notes calmly, while occasionally taking a sip of the steaming drink in his mug. I smile, he looks like a young business man. Perhaps just a little too young.

I walk over to him and he looks up when he hears me approaching. I give a small wave and he smiles.

"Hi." I say sitting down and putting my stuff next to me

"Hi." He echos

"Are you going to order something?" Sam asks me

I nod. "Hot chocolate." 

He raises his eyebrows at me. "It's summer time, not Christmas." He mutters

I glare at him. "You got a hot drink too."

"Yeah, but mine isn't seasonal." He says smirking

"I've only been here like two times and that's all I got." I say

He makes a fake sad face and puts his hand on his chest. "I'm sorry to hear that."

I roll my eyes. "Well what do you suggest?"

He shrugs. "Frappuccino's are always nice."

"Frappuccino?" I ask

"Yeah, ever had one before?" Sam asks

I shake my head. "No."

"Well get one. I personally think that the chocolate one is the best." Sam says

"Okay, I'll try it." I say standing up

"Do you have any money?" Sam asks

I open my karate bag and pull out the ten dollar bill from Aiden that I had stuffed in there. I show it to Sam who nods. 

I walk up to the counter and order the Chocolate Frappuccino. Hopefully it tastes good.

I walk back to our booth and sit down. Sam looks up from his papers.

"Are you ready?" He asks me

"Yeah."

"Okay lets start with reviewing the basic things about algebra. So..."

Me and Sam end up going over lots of things for math. Most of them we were good at and those went by quicker. Things I didn't understand Sam would help me and show me different ways to figure out the solution.

The Frappuccino turned out to taste really good. After a little bit, Sam ordered a dessert and shared it with me. It was nice to have food, especially after karate training because I didn't have lunch and I haven't eaten anything since breakfast.

When I got here it was already getting dark, but when I looked out the window now, it was dark.

"I think I have to go." I say to Sam while I pack my things up