31

The test wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. There were a few questions that I didn't know how to find the answer to but that's okay. I'm just glad it's over. 

School went by fast after that. Since the test took up most of our day there wasn't much to do. You could go to a classroom and watch a movie or go outside and play with your friends.

I met up with Katie in the hallway and we decided to go to the classroom that was playing the movie Wonder. We both didn't have that teacher but we could go there anyway.

We saw Riley in there and walked up to her. That's when Katie told me that Riley was coming to her house today and was going to hang out with us. Riley was very nice and we spent the rest of the school day drawing and coloring with her.

When the bell rang kids rushed out of the school, most of them were probably not planning to come back tomorrow. I couldn't find my brothers so I just pushed my way through the crowd and to the car drop off.

I found Cole's car and got in and he stared driving to Katie's house.

"How was the test?" He asks me

"It was mostly easy. I think I got a good grade." I say

"That's great. I'm very proud of you." He says

I hold the present in my arms as he drives. I'm in the back seat because in the front is a birthday cake for Katie. It was made by the bakery Cole works at and he offered to deliver it because he was heading there to drop me off. On it in pink -because that's Katie's favorite color- it says 'Happy Birthday Katie'.

Cole kept it in the front so he could keep an eye on it. I would probably drop it so I just sat in the back with my present, I think Cole was happy with that decision too.

When we get to Katie's house Cole finds a place to park and we get out of the car. Some people are already there, their parents are dropping them off and leaving.

Cole and I went through the fence to get to the back yard where everyone was. Cole walked up to Kalani and I went to set my gift on the table before walking up to Katie. She was standing and talking to Riley. 

"Happy Birthday Katie." I say

"It's about time I turn 15. Honestly, I was so done 14, definitely not my lucky number." Katie says

"Hi Hazel." Riley waves and I smile and wave back

"How are you still 13 Hazel?" Katie asks

"I'm turning 14 in like two months." I say

"Two and a half"

"Whatever."

"Did you get me a gift?" Katie asks

"Yeah, it's on the table over there." I say as I point to the stack of presents sitting on the pink table

"I wish I could open my presents now. Kalani said I have to wait." Katie says

"Patience." I say

"Are you guys staying over tonight?" Katie asks

"I think I am." I say

"Let me go check with my sister real quick before she leaves." Riley says as she walks away

My eyes follow her and nearly pop out of their sockets when she walks up to Vicky and starts talking to her. Is that her sister?

Now that I think about it, they do kind of look similar. They have the same blonde hair and the same eyes. Standing next to Vicky, Riley looks like her 'mini me' except with much longer hair and glasses.