The aftermath

Recap

Previously Ellie had met the love of her life in the England Lionesses Captain Leah Williamson. However even though Leah was famous for her profession Ellie was in her own right aswell. As the top Brit award winner and climbing Ellie had the voice and vision in music that no one else had.

After three years of many ups and downs Ellie and Leah had gotten married. With it being the best time of their lives it so Ellie thought It was found out on their honeymoon that Leah had cheated with Alex whilst Ellie was touring.

Leah and Ellie were in a bad place trying marriage counselling but yet again Leah lied and seen Alex not telling Ellie.

Ellie is pregnant and doesn't want to raise the baby alone but will she give Leah another chance?

__________________________________

"Leah we're...."

Was all i could seem to get out of my mouth my brain running over and overthinking everything that could possibly be an outcome. Should i tell Leah that we are through or should I tell her that we should work things out.

"Ellie" Leah whispers.

I look leah in the eyes tears streaming from each of our faces.

"Leah we're going to try, we have to try, I won't bring this baby up alone." I say but before I can finish my sentence Leah grabs me and wraps me in a tight hug.

I pull away. "Leah I don't trust you and if I'm honest I have some hatred towards you. I don't know how this will go but I know that deep down your the one I was destined to be with. If at the end of the counselling we don't work then at least I can say I've tried"

I know I make no sense but I can't help it my mind isn't thinking straight right now but I know that when I'm with Leah I feel home.

Leah PoV

I sit and listen to Ellie, my world has been crushed and I know hers has too and it's all down to me and my stupid actions. Since everything with Alex happened I started to go counselling on my own. I needed to find out what was happening in my head. I knew that since becoming the captain I felt a lot of pressure. Ellie was the one who relieved that pressure, but then I got injured, I felt like my world had collapsed but Ellie ensured to tell me day after day it hadn't and I'd be as strong as I was before. This I never believed. But why as a strong woman to the world did I still feel like a scared girl from Milton Keynes.

That night after me and Ellie had chatted we talked about the baby to keep our mind off our marital problems. Of course we were both over joyed at the fact that we were becoming parents but I knew how scared we were at the same time. We were chatting about names if it was a boy and names if it was a girl and of course we couldn't make our minds up. We settled down and watched tv, I kept up with the football scores on my phone while Ellie watched the BAFTAs. This is where me and Ellie differed, I couldn't care about the celebrity side of life where Ellie thrived in it. Not about the love of being famous but the love of peoples outfit choices and how they presented themselves. She looked at the details and you could see how her creative thought process would shine through. I loved that part of her. But I still questioned what that spark was that made me think she was my whole world.

Ellie's PoV

As we settled down that night it felt calm. It felt like we were back to how we were previously. Leah and her love of everything football. Me on celebrity spotting and looking for inspiration for music videos, looks, songs. I sat and rubbed my belly. I loved being pregnant but I couldn't wait for the moment I felt a kick. I look at Leah and this girl is my whole world. From the moment we first met. The ups the downs the in between I would always choose Leah over anyone. But I know she's not present, she looks intrigued with her phone and the scores but I can tell when Leah is off and right now she's not the Leah I feel in love with. This is where my heart bleeds for her.

"Leah can I ask you a question which I know will be asked at counselling and I want to know the answer now before being blindsided" I ask bluntly.

Leah looks up from her phone.

"Ask me anything"

"Are you happy"

"Yes"

"No I mean are you happy with us" I ask

Leah goes silent. I know her answer but I need her to say it.

"I don't know"

"Thank you" is all I can get out. My thoughts about Leah becoming a reality.

"I'm sorry I've caused you to feel this way le I really am. I'll try harder" I say softly my voice beginning to crack at the thought of us not being anymore.

The thing with Leah is she puts on this brave facade but the person who knows her more than anyone knows that she's killing herself for everyone else's happiness. I hate that she does this and that she's not her authentic self which is what she was when we first met.

I take Leah's hand in mine.

"Let's take this day by day, see how counselling goes and Leah I know I have hatred towards you for what you did but you need to understand that no matter the outcome. I'll always love you."