Chapter 338 - Battle at the Moon Tower: Thousand Spell Cluster

Souta didn't have a time to read the quest that he received as Curdova thrust his halberd repeatedly trying to pierce his body.

Clang! Clang! Clang!

Souta moved his sword quickly trying to block all of Curdova's attack. It was so fast that he almost missed some of the attacks but luckily Saya was helping him by saying where the attack was coming from.

'This guy is an A-rank without a doubt...' He thought as he jumped away and Curdova chased after him.

[Gravitational Ball]!!

Ten black balls appeared behind him. The black balls spun around as it changed the gravity on the area.

Boom!

Curdova stopped moving as spider web cracks formed on the floor beneath his feet. The gravity field was concentrated on him trying to push him on the ground.

Souta then slashed his sword, sending a red blade of aura.

[Cross Moon]!

"Argh!" Curdova gritted his teeth and activated one of his powerful skills.

[Greater Dominant Strength]!

Then, he gripped his halberd tightly before he thrust it forward meeting the red aura blade.

Boom!

'This guy is different from normal B-rank... He's definitely a B-rank expert but he possessed various skills that enhanced his strength and lessened the power of opponents.' Curdova thought as he moved his body towards Souta under the pressure of heavy gravity.

Souta continued to move away while his opponent was chasing him. He opened his other palm and another ten black balls appeared.

He scattered the ten black balls in the area and the ground turned black as several black tentacles emerged.

Swoosh! Swoosh!

The black tentacles moved towards Curdova trying to bind Curdova. He tore apart the tentacles using his halberd and then he found that Souta was gone.

Hmm...?

He quickly leaped in the air while slashing his weapon behind as he felt Souta's presence behind him.

But then... He found that Souta was gone. Instead, he faced a series of red energy blades flying in his direction.

"So tricky..." Curdova imbued his mana on his weapon and used a skill.

[Dozen Earth Piercing Strike]!!

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Souta appeared above Curdova and once again used [Cross Moon]. But Curdova was widening his perception using the [Wild Senses] skill so he detected Souta's presence above him.

[Night Light Flash]!!

A black flashed forward and it landed on Souta's right shoulder. It made a hole in his shoulder, disrupting his attack.

Souta landed on the ground and he grabbed his shoulder. 'Damn, I made a mistake... I didn't think that he could sense me.' He thought while breathing heavily.

"You will not be able to defeat me. You haven't liquefied your mana and you're hoping that you can defeat me." Curdova said as he waved his halberd and Souta's blood on it splattered on the ground. "You will die here and the same thing will happen on your comrades that you left to my executives."

"Haa... You're mistaking something here... None of my comrades will die here and neither I will die in this kind of place." Souta said while breathing heavily.