Chapter 306 - Collapse of the Ladros City: Homunculus

From what he could remember, Randolf found himself inside a huge cylinder tube full of water. He was floating inside it.

He didn't know anything but a large data of information filled his mind at that time. Information about battle tactics, basic combat style, weapon master, history of the world, humans, demis, monsters, etc...

Various knowledge was implanted in his head. It was a strange feeling. He wasn't supposed to know a single thing but he somehow knew countless things. He didn't need to study and learn about language as different languages were implanted in his head.

People wearing white robes were doing various experiments on his body.

He didn't need to think about what they were doing to him. He didn't need it at all. From all the knowledge inside his head, he knew that he wasn't a human, demi, demon, or monster.

He was forbidden to do anything. He could only stay in his bed before those people arrived and conducted an experiment once again.

He was also forbidden to go outside of his room. From his knowledge, he naturally knew about the cleansing that the three great countries did in the past. He doesn't belong to any of the people outside. Those people would kill him if they knew that he was a homunculus but staying here was also bad for him.

Experiencing countless painful experiments was too much for the mind of a child like him. But he wasn't an ordinary child. He was a homunculus so he could endure.

One day, he found that he wasn't alone.

Yeah, there were other people like him. Other people that don't belong to any category in this world.

A homunculus.

A humanoid artificial living creature. It doesn't necessarily need to be a humanoid creature as some of them have strange body shapes but...

For the researchers...

They thought that humanoid was the perfect shape.

He met the other homunculus saying that he would survive. A defective homunculus wouldn't last one year but a normal one would have the same life span as humans.

"He would survive" that's what they said. It only means that he's not a defective homunculus. That's the reason why the researchers let him met the other homunculus.

The other homunculus' were older than him. They treated him as their young brother. They were kind to him unlike the researchers in the facility.

Randolf came out of the experiment room. He saw children waiting for him outside the room. They were homunculus like him.

"Are you okay?" A child that looked like him said.

"Nn... I'm fine but the experiments are getting painful." Randolf nodded at him. They were his brothers and sisters.

"I'm glad that you're fine." One of the children said.

"I'm sure that the experiments will finish someday." Another one said.

"At that time, we would live together and everyone will not suffer from these experiments."

"It would be bad if we go outside, right?"

"That's why we will find a place that we will call our home."

The experiments continued every day. Randolf and his siblings experienced the same thing every day.

"How are you today?"

"The same as usual. It hurts though."

"It'd be great if the experiments end soon."