Chapter 281 - Journey of Despair: Don't give up your hope

The people who were watching the projection couldn't see anything inside the barrier because of the black mist that was blocking their vision.

It was a disappointment because they were looking forward to it but they couldn't do anything. They were just watching through the projection so their senses couldn't detect what's happening inside the barrier.

Well, if they were personally watching it maybe they could see what's inside using their powerful senses. Unfortunately, the projection didn't have powerful senses like them.

It couldn't even copy the sounds of the battle. All they could watch was the live video.

"What do you think will happen, Bargan?" Azrim, the Principal of the Ladro Institute, asked Bargan.

"Souta will defeat them," Bargan replied to him.

"All those B-ranks? You're telling me that he could defeat them." Azrim raised his eyebrows at Bargan's words.

"Souta has always been like this. He's fighting opponents and his chances of winning are low but you know what happened in the end? He always prevails in the end." Bargan paused for a moment before he added, "He will not win by fighting them head-on so he had to create a situation where he could defeat them and that's what's happening inside that barrier."

"You really know your student." Azrim smiled as he looked at the projection.

"Yeah, I'm always observing them so that I could know what style fitted them the most. Just because they are in a mage class doesn't mean they have to become a textbook mage. They have to master a style that fitted them to increase their combat prowess to a higher level." Bargan said to him. What he wanted the most was to help his students increase their power and unlock their hidden potential so that they could become great figures in the future.

"You're serious about your job. Is it because of that?" Azrim said as he glanced at Bargan's expression.

Bargan didn't say anything as he simply watched the projection.

...

"Hmm...? That swordsman and shielder are pretty strong." Souta muttered as he saw them handled that [Shadow Bind] that could hold a third evolution monster for a few seconds.

'They are stronger than you physically. But in terms of spells, you are still stronger than them. That's what makes you special. You're B-rank in physical strength and you're also B-rank at magical strength.' Saya said to him.

"So let's slowly break them," Souta said as he drunk another mana potion. Casting [Dark Cloud Hunting] and [Shadow Bind] repeatedly drained a quarter of his mana.

'And how will you do that?' Saya asked.

"I will break their mind first before I break them physically," Souta replied to her as the corner of his mouth curved upwards while looking at his prey.

...

"We need to move and meet the others." The shielder said to his comrades. The situation they were facing was bad and it will only get worse if they couldn't meet with Frankie and the rest.

"Don't worry about them, leader. Frankie is the strongest person in our group so we should be concerned for our well-being." The rogue said to shielder.

"Yeah, you are right. If our enemies are going to attack then it will be our group. I'm sure this is the reason why our enemies separated us from them." The shielder nodded.

Suddenly, several black tentacles emerged from the ground once again.

"Don't panic! We can handle it! We got caught off guard before but now we're ready to face it!" The shielder shouted as he smashed his shield on the black tentacles.