Chapter 284 - End of Battle

Souta stood up and patted his clothes. He also wiped the blood that got on his body.

'Ufufu, that's quite a show.' Saya's voice sounded in his mind.

"Yeah, it was a masterpiece," Souta replied to her as he placed back the vajra sword in its sheath before drinking mana potion.

'I really like it you know. This show somehow satiated my boredom.' Saya chuckled.

"What can I do? I'm going to lose if I fought them head-on so I defeated them one by one and show them despair to break their mind." Souta said as a smile formed on his face. He then rubbed a part of his neck and recalled what he did before.

He let Saya possessed his body and used her voice to instilled fear in those people. At first, he wasn't sure if his plan would work but in the end, they succ.u.mbed to their fear. He let them lose their composure so that he could chip them away easily.

'Let's do it again.' Saya said to him.

"Yeah, next time I will show you a show without a shred of salvation." Souta agreed to her words.

'Ufufu, I like it.' Saya laughed faintly at his words.

...

Lynn was looking at the black mist intently as she waited for Souta and Yuko to come out. While waiting for them, she was looking out at her surrounding in case some people appear and disturb Souta.

After a few minutes, Souta and Yuko came out of the black mist.

"Souta! Yuko!" Lynn smiled as she went towards the two. She then lowered her head and said, "I'm sorry, Souta. I couldn't keep the barrier."

Souta glanced at her and said, "You don't have to apologize. It was unavoidable as Yuko used her full power that broke the barrier. Our opponents this time are strong so Yuko had no choice but to use her power."

"I-Is that so?" Lynn glanced at Souta.

"Yup, so don't think about it. Everything works fine in the end. As long as it produced good then it's fine." Souta smiled as he patted her shoulders.

Lynn just lowered her head as a tinge of redness formed on her cheeks.

"I need to report this battle to Lumilia," Souta said as he took out transmission talisman. "Hello, Lumilia. We've finished those B-ranks. You don't have to worry about them."

"O-Oh, that's good. We could win this war." Lumilia's voice sounded in the talisman.

"I'm going there with Yuko and Lynn so prepare a cup of coffee for me. I wanna relax this time." Souta said as he yawned and stretched his arms.

"Understood. I will prepare it immediately." Lumilia replied to him.

"Let's get going. I'm sure you wanted to rest too Lynn. We've traveled from the party to this city after all." Souta said.

...

Souta's group left so the black mist slowly dissipated as Souta canceled his spell. It was draining his mana by using this for a few minutes.

As soon as the black mist disappeared the people who were watching in the projection saw the state of the land. They were stunned, surprised, and shocked at the same time.

Horrifying scene was what revealed in their eyes.

Everything was destroyed and part of the land was dyed in red. The blood of Souta's opponent flooded the land. Severed hands and legs of his opponents were everywhere. Eyeballs were rolling on the bloody ground. The smell of blood filled the entire area.