Chapter 295 - Collapse of the Ladros City: Battling Wesler

Mai raised her mana to the limit. She placed back her sword to its sheath and hold the handle while looking at her opponents with sharp eyes. She was going to strike anyone that comes forward.

Yoasi, Cyndi, and the rest just looked at her warily. They couldn't be careless when fighting someone as strong as the student council president. They silently poured their mana into their weapons.

Since no one wants to come, then Mai would be the one to chase them. She tightened her grip on the handle of her sword and slowly pulled it out.

[Drawing Sword Technique: Lion's Slash]!

She slashed her sword horizontally and an image of a giant lion materialized behind her creating a powerful slash.

"Shit!"

Yoasi cursed as he quickly jumped away to avoid the attack.

"High proficiency combat arts?!"

The other three too tried to dodge the slash.

Shiing!

An ear-piercing sound echoed in the surrounding area as the slash drew closer to Yoasi's group.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Souta moved his body as fast as he could. He was slashing his sword at high speed but Wesler was trying to overpower him.

"Hehe, you're quite strong yourself, first year." Wesler laughed as he launched a barrage of punches at Souta.

[Cripling Combo]!

The situation turned upside down. Souta was forced into a defensive position. He had no choice but to defend himself from his opponent's fierce attack.

'So this is the power of the top ranker...' He thought while trying his best to block the punches of his foe.

Wesler's strength was indeed powerful. It was much stronger than Jeanne and Wako who were quite powerful among B-ranks. These were the kind of people he was going to face in the Grand Tournament. If it's like that then he felt that he was underestimating the tournament.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Souta couldn't block all the punches so some slipped inside and landed on his body. Luckily, he had [Shadow Cloak] to absorb the damage made by his opponent.

[Shadow Bind]!

The ground turned black and dozens of black tentacles rose. The tentacles quickly stretched out towards Wesler who was overpowering Souta.

"Not bad," Wesler said with a smile before he raised both of his hands and smashed the ground.

[Earth Shock]!

Spider web cracks formed on the ground and after a few seconds, boulders of rocks burst out of it.

Boom!

Souta jumped away as he used [Crimson Moon] and [Cross Moon] to destroy the boulder of rocks that were flying in his direction.

Bang! Bang!

Wesler disabled his [Shadow Bind] using this. The boulders crashed the black tentacles one by one like a piece of paper.

"Increase..." Souta muttered as he controlled the [Gravitational Ball] behind him to increase the gravity around him.

This was to decrease the power behind the boulders that were shooting from the ground.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Yoasi, Cyndi, and Clandis were clashing with Mai. The speed of their attacks was so high that it generated gust of wind every time they slash or swing their weapons.