Chapter 337 - Battle at the Moon Tower: Top floor

Depuis le début

Luckily, his comrade warned him just in time. He could avoid a fatal blow so he suddenly stopped chasing Souta and the spear quickly passed in front of him.

The spear crashed on the sands close to him and it created a loud explosion. Even then, the shockwaves caused by the spear blasted him away.

Boom!

"So powerful..." Kan muttered with a smile on his face before he crashed on the sands and rolled a few times.

Alice opened her palm and her spear flew towards her. Since her mana was inside the spear, she could control its movement.

The shielder just glanced at Kan and didn't say anything.

"Just call this guy Lim. Also an executive like me." Kan said as he introduced the shielder.

"I don't see the point of introducing yourself to me," Alice said as she gathered her mana in her spear.

Kan looked like he was the leader here but he was just a fourth executive. She didn't know the ranking of executive here but she guessed that Kan wasn't that strong among the executives. The guy who was called Lim was giving off a vibe much more dangerous than Kan.

So she thought that Lim was higher than Kan.

"I only pity you. You should at least know the name of the people that will kill you." Kan said as he sighed.

"It's not even decided who will die today," Alice said as she launched herself at the enemies.

...

Souta arrived at the top floor. The top floor was eerie and the amount of mana in the atmosphere was massive.

He saw the back of a tall man with short green hair.

The man slowly turned his head and he felt Souta's presence. "So you've arrived here... You've left your comrades to fight my executives just to come here."

Souta observed the man with a wary expression. The man was wearing a black shirt and underneath it, he could see light armor with blueish color. His pants was black and it has chains around it. He has earrings and rings, and his weapon was a high-grade halberd.

This man was fully equipped with high-grade artifacts. As expected of the leader of the Moon Tower, he was ready to fight the moment he started this plan.

This man was Curdova, the leader of the Moon Tower.

But what caught his attention was the things behind Curdova. In a wide space behind Curdova was a huge magic circle. The magic circle was emitting a strange light and there was a metallic head on the center of it. Outside of the magic circle was an alter with various weird things.

Above it was his goal, Cluster. Cluster was floating fifteen meters above the magic circle. All the mana in the surrounding area was coming from her. It was hard to believe it as a girl that didn't even reach B-rank possessed this amount of mana. She even beat magical humans who possessed massive mana the moment they were born.

"Did the Cloud Tower send you here? Maybe, it's the Sea Tower?" Curdova asked.

"Neither... I came here to take that girl. You see my comrades are attached to her so they wanted her back." Souta replied while pointing at Cluster. "I don't know what you want to do but I will bring her with me."

'So this man is unknown variables. I thought that the two towers are quick to send their people here but it seems that I was wrong.' He thought while looking at Souta.

"Well, I will take her back with me. Even if I used force." Souta said as his mana burst out of his body.

He quickly casted [Agility Boost] and [Strength Boost] on himself. Then, he activated the [Cat's Speed], [Triple Muscle Strengthening], [Shadow Cloak], and [Night Overlord's Aura].

Boom!

His strength rose to its upper limit by using all of these skills at the same time.

Souta slightly bent his knees as black mist started to come out of his body.

[Dark Cloud Hunting]!

Boom!

He then launched himself at Curdova while gathering his mana at his sword.

[Crimson Moon]!!

Curdova tightened his muscle as he was quite surprised to see Souta's outburst of energy. He raised his halberd and thrust it forward.

[Night Piercing Fury]!!

Both of their attacks collided and it caused a powerful shockwave that shook the entire area.

Boom!!

Strangely the shockwaves immediately disappeared the moment it got close to Cluster. Curdova already prepared protection for the ritual so that no one could disturb it.

At the same time, Souta heard a familiar sound in his mind...

[Quest Triggered!]

[Boss Battle]: You've confronted the Boss of the Moon Tower, Curdova. Protect yourself and defeat Curdova who is after your life.

Rewards: ???