CHAPTER 50

💿 AMYGDALA - Agust D

×

"See you later, Tae,"
Jeongguk bid his goodbye to his roommate before directing his attention to Jimin, grabbing his waist.
"Goodbye, Baby,"
he lowly mumbled against his forehead, placing a kiss on it afterwards before finally heading out.

"Did I misunderstand? I thought you two were just fucking,"
Taehyung was in disbelief at the scenario that had just played out in front of him.

"We are just fucking,"
clarified, followed by a small huff as he grabbed his mug from the counter to take a sip of his tea. Now it was Taehyung's turn to huff sarcastically,
"And kissing each other's foreheads. And lovingly staring at each other. And caring about the other. And touching, a lot-"

"I'm just as touchy with you,"
Jimin argued, completely ignoring the rest of the things that Taehyung had listed.

"Denying it, won't make your feelings go away"

"I don't have feelings for Jeongguk, Tae. We don't work together and you know that,"
his tone changed into a serious one as he spoke what he thought was the truth.
We don't work together.

What a lie.
His feelings were so obvious that Jimin had to suppress a huff at his own absurdity.

Jeongguk was the reason for his rapid heartbeat, even if he didn't want to acknowledge it. Jimin hadn't even noticed when his feelings had started to develop, but now that they got too vivid and overwhelming, he couldn't ignore them anymore

There is a thin line between hate and love and Jimin crossed it.

He needed to talk about it with someone before he would go mad, or worse, tell him.

---

"Hey," Jimin greeted his friend as he sat down on one of the cozy chairs. Namjoon and Jimin had planned to meet up in a book cafe that had opened recently. Since both wanted to borrow books from the other, they thought it would be nice to read them when both were present so they could talk or discuss them.

After sipping the remaining of his coffee decided to speak up,
"Namjoon"

When Namjoon hummed without looking up from the book in his hands, Jimin continued,
"Since basically everyone knows now that your brother and I have something going on, I really need your advice,"

"Oh, so now you're admitting it even though I had already caught you nearly grinding on each other in our kitchen?"

"That was very uncalled for,"
Jimin stated at the mention of this event. He had been wanting to forget about it but it always made its way back into his life, making him blush furiously out of embarrassment.

"Hey, the least you can let me do is trauma-dump, after I had to go through this"

"Namjoon," Jimin whined, "This is a really serious matter, a really big problem, and I need help so let's concentrate please"

"I'm listening,"
Namjoon answered eventually, putting his book down after highlighting a memorable line with a pen.

"It was supposed to be a no-feelings-attached agreement, right? Well, I think I have feelings Jeongguk,"
Jimin chuckled nervously. It wasn't easy to open up about this. At first, he wanted to tell Yoongi but he knew his best friend would freak out. Namjoon was much calmer and a great listener, only two of the endless gifts the older had.

"Well-"

"Wait, listen to me first before I chicken out," Jimin interrupted the other before continuing,
"I like him and probably have for longer than I would like to admit, but it's not what we agreed on. Now it just feels like I'm using Jeongguk because he doesn't know about the way I feel"

"That's a lot."
Namjoon hummed in thought, his head tilted. His prideful side really wanted to say something like "I told you so" or "I knew it" but he figured it wouldn't help in any way. You could see his eyebrow raise as a question popped up in his head.
"How did it all start?"

"Namjoon,"
Jimin whined again. He was feeling embarrassed because it was so, so embarrassing to him that he fell for Jeongguk so mindlessly. Jeongguk of all people. And so hard at that.

"I need to know before I can judge the situation,"
Namjoon explained and Jimin really didn't want to tell him but he truly needed that advice. So he sighed and pushed his hair back.
"Fine. He stopped smoking, right?"

Namjoon nodded in agreement.

"I was the one who convinced him to quit by telling him that he could call me up whenever he feels the need to smoke"

"You were the reason behind it?"
Namjoon eyes widened as he heard the story. He had been so stunned back then when his brother told him that he would stop smoking, wondering what had led him to this decision, but of course, he was supportive nevertheless.

"Yeah, I had had enough of seeing him smoke at his window from my room every day,"
Jimin groaned when he pictured topless Jeongguk standing at his window, looking like a whole damn meal. Looking back, it had been so mentally draining because he had really wanted to get that dick but had felt like he needed to keep up his hatred towards the younger. If he had just jumped him, all the "I hate you's" he had spat out directed at Jeongguk would have been really hard to reason.

"Look, I'm never not gonna be biased because he's my brother and not just a random stranger but I do think that if you believe he doesn't reciprocate your feelings, it wouldn't be too late to end your agreement yet,"
Namjoon spoke truthfully. Since both were important people in his life, he didn't want either of them to get hurt.
And this thought of ending their situationship had gone through Jimin's mind more than once but he just didn't want to. For once, he felt safe and understood, he didn't need to pretend to be someone else.

"It's not that easy, Joon"

"It actually is,"
Namjoon stopped for a second when he received a glare from the other before he continued,
"You two fucking was about him stopping smoking and he hasn't touched a single cigarette in two months. Everything you are doing goes way past your agreement and I'm sure you know that"

He was right. If only it wasn't for his dumb feelings. Jeongguk was so much more than what he decided to show of himself to other people. That's why Jimin had never understood why Taehyung had stood by his side all this time. He didn't until he learned more about the actual Jeon Jeongguk. Now he really could talk all day about why Jeongguk deserved the whole world and still wouldn't get tired of it.

"I'm gonna think about it. Thank you Namjoon, really"

It's not that easy because I don't know if I can let go.

×

Heyy guys,
oh well I disappeared again TT.
Some of you may have seen my note but yeah I'm back with this chapter. I'm still currently having a writers block and I'm getting extremely stressed out over everything that is happening in my life but I'll manage (hopefully).
I hope you have a great weekend,
love you all! <3