CHAPTER 33

💿 High Enough - K.Flay

×

When Jimin heard that, he almost choked on his drink. Thankfully, he only needed to cough once or twice yet it didn't matter anyway since all the attention was directed at Jeongguk.
Jeongguk who was sitting in front of him, frozen in place, let out a quiet 'Ahh', that was followed by a nervous chuckle.

"You're not as slick as you may think," Taehyung continued as he got no immediate answer from confused Jeongguk.

"How come you would think such a thing?"
he finally managed to say something, anything. He threw a discreet glance at Jimin before he cleared his throat, nervously waiting for Taehyung's answer.

"You have two toothbrushes in two seperate toothbrush mugs but only you use this bathroom," Taehyung pointed an accusing finger at him. That was strange, especially for someone like Jeongguk who usually didn't let just anyone stay over.

"Listen Mr. wise guy, I'm not dating anyone. I simply forgot to put the old one away after taking a new one"

"You usually take the black toothbrushes," Namjoon stated innocently as he walked out of the bathroom. They didn't even notice that he had left in the first place.

Jeongguk sighed before explaining himself once again, "Well, there was no black one left so I took the blue toothbrush. It's seriously not that deep, guys"

"Okay gosh no need to be so rude," Taehyung rolled his eyes as he slumped down onto the bed next to Namjoon.

Yes, it was Jimin's toothbrush. Yes, Jeongguk did blatantly lie about it.

"Oh, and since we're already on the subject of dating, our parents think you two like each other," Taehyung mentioned, eyes wide, looking at Jimin and then Jeongguk in bewilderment.

This time, Jimin actually choked on his drink which ended in a coughing fit.
"What-" he tried to speak but immediately had to cough again, "the fuck-"

"Please tell me you're lying," Jeongguk said dead serious, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Well, nowadays, you two seem to get along just fine so maybe they got the wrong idea," Taehyung mentioned, hiding his grin behind his hand as he was met with two offended looking faces.
"Just fine? We barely even tolerate each other"

"Denial is a river in Egypt, your husband is-"
Taehyung started to say, however he was cut of by a harsh slap on his upper arm from his brother, "ouch, okay I'll stop, you moody bitch"

Jimin huffed out in exasperation. He gave Tae a warning gaze that his brother met with a challenging one.

And this was how Jimin ended up tackling Taehyung while the Jeon brothers just watched as the chaos unfolded in front them.

After some time, he finally let Taehyung go who immediately ran across the room, far away from Jimin.

"Jimin, how about calming down?"

"You," Jimin shouted while scowling at Jeongguk, "be quiet or you're next"

"This brat really needs to be put in his place," Jeongguk mumbled under his breath and made sure to keep this in mind for later.

---

"Min, mom just texted me and asked when we will be coming back,"
Taehyung said, looking up from his phone. They've been there for quite some time and it was basically his brother's way of asking to go home.

"I think we should head back now, it's late already,"
Jimin responded and all the other boys hummed in agreement.
Only Jeongguk stayed behind as the other's left his room.Tae hugged him and squeezed his face, saying goodbye before leaving as well, closing the door behind him.