CHAPTER 18

💿 Paradise - Eric Nam

×

"Jeongguk. Your boyfriend. He's scowling at me like crazy", Jongin explained further and threw the ball from one hand to another before Jimin snatched it from him just to throw it at his head the next second.

"Jeongguk is not my boyfriend, you brat! He's more like the opposite, we can't stand each other"

With that Jongin's jaw dropped.
He really did just assume they were in a relationship and felt beyond embarrassed since he genuinely thought he had a hunch.

And Jimin, well, Jimin was still completely out of it. How could someone have the impression that Jeongguk and him were in a relationship? He wasn't able to solve this mystery in his head.

"So," Jongin began hesitantly and gazed down. As he slowly grazed the water with his hand, he spoke up once again,
"What are you two then?"

"That's actually not that important"

"But I wanna know!" the other pushed, whining, which lead to Jimin sighing in defeat.

"Well, Jeongguk is my neighbour. I've known him since we were born but we've grown apart. Or more like, we started a kind of rivalry- no rivalry is not the right word. Hostility maybe? Yeah something like that. Anyway, Namjoon is his older brother so I've known him just as long,"
Jimin explained while looking over to the younger with a glare full of bitterness .

"You hate each other? You all or just the two of you?" Jongin asked in surprise as he took his eyes off the liquid running through his fingers.

"No, not at all! It's just the two of us. Actually, my brother and him are besties since childhood. And I have the greatest relationship with Tae and Namjoon and I always meet up for study and book dates and-"

"Jimin, it's fine. I believe you," he chuckled due to the others hectic explaining.

"Yeah yeah, I'm totally chill. I'm just annoyed. A lot. But I have to spend time with him for the sake of our parents. They would be so disappointed in us if they knew we couldn't stand each other," Jimin said with a kind of sad smile on his face as he thought about Jeongguk. He thought about him and the talk they had, wondering if the hatred he held was justified.

"It's feels as if you-
you know what? I think we should talk about that later. When we're alone," Jongin stopped midsentence and grinned mischievously making the other curious and impatient. He despised stuff like this.

"Oh come on! Just tell me," Jimin pouted. Jongin just shook his head as in 'no' and the smaller decided it was a perfect idea to attack him. So when Jongin noticed the possible attack he quickly swam away, his laughing making it a lot harder than he had thought.
When the blonde jumps on Jongin's back to drown him, he held Jimin close to himself to drag him down along with him.

"You little shit-
okay sorry I didn't mean to curse at you," Jimin huffed out as soon as they both had emerged from the water, hair now dripping.

"Let's talk after you come back from dinner. I'll stay and eat in the hotel restaurant today so just tell me when you're back"

Jimin sighed in defeat and agreed, even though the pout never left his lips.

Jongin just chuckled and decided to change the topic again,
"Now back to my crush. How do I get closer to Taehyung?"

-----

"Why are we here again?" Tae complained as he walked over to another statue.

"Well I guess our parents forced us to enter this exhibition about old Greek carved stones because Namjoon told them about it," Jeongguk answered and spotted another painting that at least seemed to be interesting. And -who would've thought- there was a statue depicted from the ancient Greece. The texture of the paint on the canvas seemed to be quite extraordinary and Jeongguk, the art lover he is, was amazed, not noticing the new presence that was standing close to him.