CHAPTER 40

💿 Enemies - Lauv

×

"It's not like that!"

It didn't help either that Jeongguk wasn't wearing a shirt, his upper body fully exposed.

"Jesus Jeongguk, just- just go and put on a shirt. And give me this,"
Jimin sighed in defeat and hectically fetched the spatula from Jeongguk's hands, pushing him away from the stove.

"You know, you look cute together,"
Namjoon subtly pointed out, grabbing a mug from the kitchen cabinet. The younger didn't even bother to turn around and just devoted himself to the fried eggs in the pan.
However, he still replied to Namjoon, even though there was no emotion in his voice.

"Stop saying shit like that. That's dangerous territory"

Saying it out aloud made it real and Jimin wasn't ready to face the elephant in the room.

"Did he at least ask you how you like your eggs in the morning?" Namjoon joked, hoping to lighten up the mood and meet his gaze but Jimin just huffed and said,
"Doesn't matter"

He had asked.

"It doesn't because it's nothing"

This time, Jimin looked up from the frying pan, directly into Namjoon's eyes, hoping he would seem a bit more sincere. But at the same time, Jimin wasn't even being sincere to himself which is why it turned out to be a lot harder to maintain eye contact than he had expected.

"That night, when the four of us hung out, you never left,"
Namjoon stated. It wasn't even a question.

"Namjoon,"
Jimin warned, yet the other boy ignored it.

"Is he treating you well?"

"Namjoon come on"

"Do you really still hate him?"

"Yeah, he does. Now, why are you still here? I thought you wanted to leave early in the morning,"
Jeongguk interrupted their conversation as he walked into the kitchen, this time with a shirt on.

"I wanted to say goodbye before I leave"

"You didn't have to do that. I'm sorry, we slept in yesterday"
Jeongguk slipped up when he said 'we' but Namjoon didn't mention it. And it seemed like the other two didn't even notice the mistake.

"It's alright. Oh and also, Mom brought the cakes to the dog shelter and they said we should come around again," Namjoon suddenly remembered, putting his mug down.

"I'll visit them before I leave for university,"
Jeongguk responded briefly. He was genuinely happy about it but the whole situation they were in was kind of embarrassing, making it awkward.

"Do you also want some eggs?"
Jimin suddenly asked out of nowhere. He was currently busy dividing the fried eggs onto three plates on the counter.

"No thank you, I was about to head out anyway,"
Namjoon smiled at him before gulping down his remaining coffee.

"See you, Min," he bid his goodbye and gave Jimin a side hug, since he was still preoccupied, before moving over to his brother, pulling him into a tight hug. Jeongguk groaned when the older ruffled hair but let it happen anyway.

He then once again said goodbye to the two boys and then left through the front door, backpack in his one hand, car keys in the other.

As soon as the door fell shut, Jimin sighed heavily and supported his weight on the kitchen isle.

"I should probably leave now,"
he announced, looking down at his now empty plate. When the blonde was met with Jeongguk's big, confused eyes, he felt like something was wrong,
"before Tae gets suspicious,"
he added, suddenly feeling the urge to justify himself.

"Uhm okay. Yeah, you can go if you want to,"
Jeongguk answered, even though he didn't want the older boy to go at all. But he couldn't just tell him this.

"Okay," Jimin said, it sounded like an ultimatum.

"Okay," Jeongguk repeated the other's words, hesitantly walking to the front door.
Jimin followed him in awkward silence, looking at his phone to distract himself.

"You're acting weird. Did he say anything to you?" Jeongguk asked him, probably talking about Jimin and Namjoon's conversation in the kitchen.
He tried to play it off but he just couldn't shake off the thought that Namjoon knowing something about them being potentially more than friends - if you could even call them that -  would make their relationship towards him awkward and complicated.

"Namjoon? Oh, no, he didn't. It's nothing. Just me"

When he said this, he got no reaction from Jeongguk. Maybe Jeongguk simply didn't think it was necessary to show any kind of reaction. Or maybe it was too obvious that he just straight-up lied.

Just when he put his phone back into the pocket of his - Jeongguk's - sweatpants and looked up, he saw the younger's eyes already directed at him. They glistened with some kind of emotion Jimin wasn't able to read.

"Bye," Jeongguk said, stepping closer to the other and gently touching his waist before kissing his neck, below the ear.
And Jimin really tried not to flush at the soft yet so intimate action but it was no use. He could already feel his cheeks heating up.

His touch only lasted for five seconds until Jeongguk moved away without actually leaving Jimin's personal space.

"Goodbye, you dumbass,"
Jimin said, eyebrows furrowed as he closed the gap between them again and connected their lips in a longer-than-formal kiss.

"Easy there,"
he teased the other fondly as he leaned back from the kiss and Jeongguk tried to follow the movement, stopping him by grabbing his underarms.

After giving him one final, chaste kiss, he opened the door and stepped out of the Jeon's villa.

"Don't forget that you hate me,"
Jimin said, halting for a second before leaving eventually. However, his tone wasn't a teasing one.

---

The first thing Jimin did when he arrived at home was grabbing a snack in the kitchen. He was kind of done and extremely irritable as well.

Suddenly Taehyung showed up, walking straight towards the fridge while and greeting his brother,
"Long time no see, Min"

"Hello to you too, Tae. What is it?"
Jimin replied half-heartedly, annoyance clearly audible in his voice. It was obvious that Taehyung had some hidden motif.

"You have the same shirt as Jeongguk"

×

Heyy people,
we have already arrived at chapter 40!! I still don't know how long this story will go exactly but I would estimate that we are 2/3 of the way through. And once again, don't be shy to comment your thoughts, it really makes a difference for me as a author.
AND OMG 3D!!!
Purple you <333